Gift Ideas?

Options
With Christmas around the corner, what are your workout must-haves that I can put on my Christmas List? Whether it's work out videos, special weights, pedometers, HRMs, water bottles, music- anything! I'd LOVE suggestions to help improve my health and workout routine. :)

Replies

• maurierose
    maurierose Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    An HRM (polar f6 or above) and an exercise bike - those are my FAVORITES! :drinker: :bigsmile: If you have a little extra to spend, I'd recommend a magnetic-resistance bike, they're sooooo much quieter than a fan-wheel type bike! :bigsmile:
  • ninjasgirl
    Options
    I have a bodybugg. You can purchase it from 24 hour fitness...it's what all the biggest loser contestants wear around thier arms. This tracks all of your calories burned throughout the day. I love it because I also have the digital display watch that shows me where I am at throughout the day and I know whether I need to get off my butt and burn more calories so that I am in my calorie deficit for the day. It's a real motivational tool. I have not used it for the past month and I can tell because I have put about 15 pounds back on and starting tomorrow Im putting it back ON! You would love it. Go to the 24 hour fitness website and check it out or also if you have a face book there is a bodybugg site on there for people who own or looking to own one and it's great for sharing and helping each other out!
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    HRM is a must!
  • aprildauer
    Options
    There is also BodyMedia which is like the BobyBugg. That is what Im putting on my christmas list.
  • mcjabber
    mcjabber Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    heart rate monitor, definitely. that's going on my list! and something fairly inexpensive that i think ROCKS is Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred dvd. there are 3 20 minute workouts and they are butt kickers. I can't believe how quickly my strength improved when I was doing that dvd almost every day.
  • lilrhody
    lilrhody Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    iTunes gift cards - to refresh my running playlist

good running socks

gift certificates to sports stores - to buy new exercise clothing (cute new clothes always are a way to boost workouts)

healthy cooking cookbooks
  • UpToAnyCool
    UpToAnyCool Posts: 1,673
    Options
    Re-usable bamboo eating utensil set - keep at your desk at work or bring them car camping, etc.!
    Nice little pouch (made of recycled PET plastic) includes bamboo spoon, fork, knife and chopsticks! YAY!
    http://www.to-goware.com/store/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=63
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    I asked for gift cards....I will be out of closet shopping options shortly after Christmas!