Cottage Cheese

Options

Replies

• KTGator
    Options
    I love cottage cheese with tomatoes and green olives in it - yum!! I'm also a fan of it with pretty much any fruit, ESPECIALLY pineapple :)

Dang it...now I'm hungry...luckily I just bought some cottage cheese at the store today =D
  • valeriedent2
    Options
    the thought of it always creeped me out? Can you compare the taste to anything?

It's kinda tangy and kinda salty tasting. Most people who don't like yogart, don't like cottage cheese. Similar to sour cream in flavor? Not quite as tangy, though. And some people don't like the consistency.

Be brave!! Try it!! It's good!!!

I like the little individual Breakstones cups.
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Mmm..that sounds yummy! I like mine with pineapple!
    w00t! So do I. Mad love to my hawaiian pineapple pickers!
  • rachelblank427
    rachelblank427 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    MMM I love cottage cheese. I usually like it with sea salt and fresh cracked pepper. But i also like it with strawberries and blueberries. Yum.

ETA: I just got done eating a serving of cottage cheese with 1/8 cup of bear naked banana nut granola.. Its awesome. I love the texture, the sweet and saltiness of it. I got the idea from the back of the cottage cheese tub. It suggested granola and honey. Well I don't have honey. It was good without it but probably taste just as good with it.
  • lenaxox
    Options
    with tomatos!!! and sea salt yum!
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    Here are 101 (approximately) cottage cheese ideas:

http://www.stumptuous.com/the-cottage-cheese-page

This is worth a look. Cottage cheese nachos ... I'll have to try that out. Love love love my nachos. :)
  • Nikita47
    Options
    Can't believe it wasnt mentioned yet, but grapes...you have to try it with grapes. Red grapes are my fav.
  • themostbeautifullies
    Options
    Shoot me. Now.
    I never thought about eating cottage cheese with something sweet! I'm definitely gonna give a try!
  • VBos
    VBos Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Mixed into my scrambled eggs or in an egg white omlette.

in scrambled eggs is SO good!
  • Claudia007
    Claudia007 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I grew up eating it plain, so I eat it as a "side" to any meal instead of a rice or pasta. Or as a snack with wheat thins YUM! Also, instead of using sour cream, I use it to make ranch dip, sooooo good!
  • brookeybaby_00
    brookeybaby_00 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I love mine on a salad! Super yummy with all the veggies and light Catalina dressing. :love:
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    Not sure if anyone else posted this, but you can make a healthier cheesecake out of cottage cheese! Here's a recipe for pumpkin cheesecake bites. You can google "healthy cottage cheese cheesecake" and find lots of other recipes. Be careful, though - not all the recipes with cottage cheese and cheesecake are healthy!

http://graemethomasonline.com/pumpkin-cheesecake-bites/
  • apfeiff
    Options
    I use it on almost anything that people would normally use for sour cream. baked potato, in guacamole, etc. It's better for you than sour cream, so that's the good part!
  • LoserCruiser
    Options
    the thought of it always creeped me out? Can you compare the taste to anything?

It's kinda tangy and kinda salty tasting. Most people who don't like yogart, don't like cottage cheese. Similar to sour cream in flavor? Not quite as tangy, though. And some people don't like the consistency.

Be brave!! Try it!! It's good!!!

I like the little individual Breakstones cups.

I don't like yogurt, but LOVE cottage cheese, lol.
  • LoserCruiser
    Options
    I like the little cups that are already pre measured at 100 calories, perfect snack, just plain by itself:)
  • reander
    reander Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I love it with a handful of seeds...or with some sliced tomatoes on a crispbread. Mmmm.
  • ShellyKay67
    ShellyKay67 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    i like cottage cheese....usually eat with pineapple, or in the summer with fresh garden tomatoes!! yum!
  • corderoinkuna
    Options
    Mmm..that sounds yummy! I like mine with pineapple!

Me too!!! So good!
  • EmmieSu
    EmmieSu Posts: 136
    Options
    With tomatoes, spaghetti (mixed), on my salad in place of dressing, and with a seasoning called Cracker Girl (spicy), I also mix it with tuna. I've never added strawberries and blueberries,I'll have to try that next time.The pineapple juice with the cottage cheese creeps me out:tongue:
  • allibinky
    allibinky Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Plain, on a baked potato, or (my favorite) with tuna and no-salt-added canned corn, all mixed in with baby spinach and salad veggies. Is creamy enough to satisfy my ranch-dressing craving.