Confused

Options
All of this calorie defict, all the acronym's, etc talk is very confusing to understand. How do you choose which one to follow, how do you set your calorie goals, why are you suppose to eat your excerise back? I'm 5'2 a 133# I have an office job and have already lost 77#'s but once I get to my goal of 130 I want to tone and gain muscle and just all the way around have a healthy lifestyle but all these options are confusing. Im not sure I am even eating enough or eating too little or how to even figure out how many calories I should be eating!!

Replies

• kagevf
    kagevf Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    i can help you with that
  • TheBitSlinger
    TheBitSlinger Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    The most critical thing is to ensure you are getting enough protein, especially if you lift weights. You've already lost 77 pounds, so what are doing is working, which I can safely assume means you've been routinely eating a caloric deficit. If you gain muscle, what you will find is that you can have a some more calories. Muscle cells burn calories, even when at rest; fat cells do not. The more muscle you add, the more calories you can burn.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    All of this calorie defict, all the acronym's, etc talk is very confusing to understand. How do you choose which one to follow, how do you set your calorie goals, why are you suppose to eat your excerise back? I'm 5'2 a 133# I have an office job and have already lost 77#'s but once I get to my goal of 130 I want to tone and gain muscle and just all the way around have a healthy lifestyle but all these options are confusing. Im not sure I am even eating enough or eating too little or how to even figure out how many calories I should be eating!!

use MFP for your calories and eat back exercise cals.

when you get to 130lbs you will need to bulk if you want to gain muscle...
  • lilred806
    lilred806 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I started by just charting what I was doing and then adjusting from there.
  • kromanich
    kromanich Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    How do you calculate the amount of protein you should be getting. Just trust MFP. I hear a lot how it is wrong
  • kromanich
    Options

Bulk??
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

Bulk??

yes... eat a surplus amount of calories so that you build muscle.... you said in your OP that you wanted to gain muscle?
  • kromanich
    Options

Bulk??

yes... eat a surplus amount of calories so that you build muscle.... you said in your OP that you wanted to gain muscle?

Correct I do just was unsure if that was what you were meaning