How often do you weigh in?

Options

Replies

• slgthatsme
    Options
    I weigh in every morning sans clothing. I use a tracker called True Weight that takes every weight in and averages it out over the course of a week or so to tell you what your true weight is.
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    2x a day - first thing in the morning and last thing at night, but I'm not obsessive about it; if I forget it's no big deal. It reminds me that there will be those daily/monthly fluctuations and I've found that it keeps me mindful so I tend to eat better and exercise more regularly.
  • Bloomboom
    Bloomboom Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I am an "instant gratification" guy; therefore, I usually weighed myself several times per day. However, I only log my early morning results. I am using this info to establish a matrix for me. I have been doing this since October 23.

I do take measurements, too. These have only been monthly and now I will do them more frequently.
  • patrickfish7
    patrickfish7 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Each morning after I get up at 5:30am, without getting hung up on gaining a few pounds one day.
  • missing75
    missing75 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    On wednesday and sundays !
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    Hi, just a quick one - how often do you weigh in? Do you always do it at the same time of day, and if so what time?
    Cheers

About once a month, generally first thing on a Sunday.
  • Mav3rick54
    Mav3rick54 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every day. I log it every day too, ......... I love to review the graphed data. It helps me to see patterns over the months so I'm not surprised/frustrated by anything. I also find that it keeps me mindful of my goals. I don't get frustrated with the minor ups and and downs as long as the general trend is downward.

^^ This.....first thing.....well... OK, second thing every morning.
  • catchmaria
    catchmaria Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi I weigh myself every week on the same day around the same time and usually in the mornings
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,622 Member
    Options
    Everyday but i never care about fluctuation. The more data i have the more adjustments i can do over time :)
    This for me too. Also I can see how some new foods I eat affect my fluctuations.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • LesBrock
    LesBrock Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Once a week, Sunday morning before drink, 2nd one looming
  • rgbushphd
    Options
    Daily. Keeps me motivated and aware of what I take in and modifications that I may need to make to maintain my weight.
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    Everyday but i never care about fluctuation. The more data i have the more adjustments i can do over time :)
    This for me too. Also I can see how some new foods I eat affect my fluctuations.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
    Exactly this. At the infinitesimally slow rate I lose, even weighing once a month the trend could be masked by water fluctuations, so I weigh every day and don't get crazy about the fluctuations. It also gives me a good idea about what kinds of fluctuations are normal for me.
  • birdiecs
    birdiecs Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Every day in the morning after bathroom but before shower and eating. However I only officially log my weight every 2 weeks. I just like to see how different things affect my weight.
  • Spiderkeys
    Spiderkeys Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I'm a weigher freak, I'm a morning and night weigher, but I don't take nights seriously because I gain 2-3 pounds, but my night score gives me a good guess what my weight will be in the morning.
  • smchughs90
    smchughs90 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I weigh in first thing in the morning after I've used the bathroom. I keep a daily log that I record my weight in every day but the only weights that I truly count is the weekly weight
  • SibylDiane
    SibylDiane Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every morning just after getting up. I note the weight in my phone. Then every Saturday morning I calculate my average weight for the week and record it "officially" -- i.e. on MFP. I try not to pay much attention to daily fluctuations but instead look at the longer term trends of my average weekly weight.
  • bwogilvie
    bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily. To see the reasons why, look at the chapter on "Signal and Noise" in John Walker, "The Hacker's Diet," available online free here: http://www.fourmilab.ch/hackdiet/e4/
  • rhonda999
    rhonda999 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I weigh once a week, first thing in the morning after going to the bathroom.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    I weigh everyday to track my progress, but I "officially" weigh-in on Sundays from the challenge groups I belong to.
  • TommyJensen1987
    Options
    I don't weight myself regulary, but keep it as a treat - once a couple of weeks have gone by I know the number will be less and I will be really happy, so I weight myself.

When I weight myself it is always naked, after coming out the shower.