Anyone else turning the big 3-0 in 2014?!

Options
Hi, I'm turning 30 on September 9th and I want to be fit on my big day! I want 30 to be something to celebrate, not be afraid of.
I've always been a bit overweight and I have never been athletic but I really enjoy being active when I make it a priority and make time for it. I'm going to need some encouragement because I'm the type that has one bad day that turns into 4 bad months and I end up gaining back everything I've lost. Feel free to add me as a friend or lets start a group and make 30 our best year yet!

Replies

• cuinboston2014
    cuinboston2014 Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    I will friend you! I am turning 30 on November 28th and am definitely looking to celebrate. I'm hoping to have a baby this year, too, so if I can get my body into a prime place for that and then be able to snap back in a few months (even by the beginning of 2015) we are going either on a cruise or to Vegas to celebrate! I am determined to wear clothes I want then!!
  • edryer123
    edryer123 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Turning 30 on Wednesday next week. I want 30 to be my awesomely fit year/decade. Feel free to add me.
  • BekaBooluvsu
    BekaBooluvsu Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Here, here! I will be thirty on November 24! My goal is to loose 100 pounds by my birthday:)!
  • c1015
    c1015 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm turning 30 October 15... Let's do it!
  • Leisalynn84
    Leisalynn84 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    This is awesome!!!! I'm so excited!!!! I'm at work and should get off the computer, does anyone know how to start a group that we can all join? If not I can work on that when I get off this afternoon :smile:
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    The big three oh? Oh that was so last year....
  • cuinboston2014
    cuinboston2014 Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    Here, here! I will be thirty on November 24! My goal is to loose 100 pounds by my birthday:)!

You can totally do this!! I love that goal :)
  • kaseymo
    kaseymo Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm turning 30 March 9! (Exactly 6 months before you! :)) I have gained back all the weight I lost over the last couple years, and am just re-finding the motivation. I am really hoping to lose 15 pounds by my birthday. I'd love to join a group!!!
  • bubbaduts
    bubbaduts Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Turning 30 in December and I want to be at goal weight for it!
  • ThriftyChica12
    ThriftyChica12 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I am gonna be 30 yrs old on April 2nd 2014 (no April-Foolin' for me!)...and i wanna be ACTIVE by then...working out 5 days a week!!!
  • kaotik26
    kaotik26 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Yep on Dec 9. Long way from now so I have every intention of hitting my goal before it comes around!
  • Michelle_Murray
    Michelle_Murray Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm another 30 in 2014 on Sept 19th. I have been working hard over the last 3 years to get down to my goal weight. Last March I was 2 lbs away from my goal, but of course I slid right off the wagon. Since March I've gained 10 lbs. So I'm back at it. My goal for 30 is to be at my goal weight of 125. I know I can do it, I just have to stay disciplined. Let's start 30 off right people! :)
  • HRLaurie614
    HRLaurie614 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Does turning 30 for the 17th time count....once when I actually turned 30, the 15 since then, then the one in June?

(sorry, just punchy...snow day here in Maryland...working from home kiddo is home)
  • Leisalynn84
    Options
    ny ideas for the name of the group? "30 is the new fit" "fabulous by 30" "Celebrate 30" Give me your ideas!

Also, should the group be public or private? Suggestions please :smile:
  • Leisalynn84
    Options
    Does turning 30 for the 17th time count....once when I actually turned 30, the 15 since then, then the one in June?

(sorry, just punchy...snow day here in Maryland...working from home kiddo is home)

We would welcome your experience and wisdom! You make 30+ look good!
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    I will be turning 30 on Nov 22! A few of my friends are hitting the big 3-0 this year as well, and we have planned a houseboating trip in August to celebrate. I'd like to be comfortable in a bathing suit by then! No specific weight loss goal at this point, I'm working out and working on my eating and I'm going to play it by ear for the next little bit.
  • maddy_smiles
    maddy_smiles Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hi! I will be thirty on October 4th! My goal is to loose 80 pounds by my birthday:)! And I need all the help I can get...
  • NattieV214
    NattieV214 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm turning 30 in 41 days...February 14th EEEK!!
  • balletpolegirl
    balletpolegirl Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I'm also 30 in 6 weeks - Valentines Day as well!
    I'm scared it's not enough time to make a difference, please tell me otherwise!
  • HRLaurie614
    HRLaurie614 Posts: 260 Member
    Options

We would welcome your experience and wisdom! You make 30+ look good!

Thanks!