No More Excuses -- Week 52

Options
Good Job Everyone! Only one gainer for the second week in a row.........and it wasn't me for a change.

OK, I told you I was loaded with salt during last weeks weigh in,but I also worked very hard to pull that number.

So my challenge this week is to record all your food and exercise into MFP, (or another site).

Compare your total net weekly calories to your target, and see if the results match what your actual weight loss or gain was. My target is 1310 net calories per day to lose 2 pounds a week. I expect that if I go 3500 calories over that, I should only lose one pound on the week instead of 2. This is where you can see how scientific all this weighloss thing is.

MFP-53.jpg

So for anyone who wants to join...........1st off Welcome!!!!!!!

During your 1st week in the group, send me your starting weight, last Sunday's weight, and this week's Sunday weigh in. All information must be sent to me by noon Central on Monday. All subsequent week's you just have to give me your current weight from Sunday by noon on Monday.

This is an open group, and we love to have new people join. If you want to join, go ahead and start posting, tell us about yourself, and why you are wanting to lose wight, many of us have been doing this diet thing a while and may be able to answer a lot of our questions!!!!

Replies

• ClaryPR
    Options
    I am new to the site and want to belong to the group.

I'm from Puerto Rico and I have 21 years. at 18, I was diagnosed with Hashimoto's hypothyroidism. From that moment I began to gain weight. and now I have to lose 50 pounds to be in control. I have to consume 1,200 calories to lose 2 pounds per week.

Beginning on page 4 November and diet too. I am very motivated and happy that I've lost 5 pounds.

Good Luck to all.

My data: I started at 204 pounds Goal 150 pounds

Thursday, 4/nov = 204 pounds
    Sunday, 7/nov = 198 pounds
  • smwert
    smwert Posts: 300
    Options
    Good Challenge Jack. I have been lacking in my motivation and logging food. If I could have just one good week I think I would get motivated again - instead of constantly up and down.

I am amazed at y our weight loss in one week.

susan
  • tamelab
    tamelab Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    bump
  • hawkeye01
    Options
    Thanks for the chart Jack and congrats on your weight loss this past week. All of your hard work really paid off.

Congrats to all the other losers as well. I have been sick the past few weeks and unable to workout, so last night was my first night back. It was good to just get back in there if you know what I mean.

I hope everyone has a great active week. Hawkeye
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    Thanks Jack!

On to a new week! :smile:
  • cah0806
    cah0806 Posts: 112
    Options
    Good work everybody. Stay motivated - there's a storm a brewing and it's called the holiday season! Stay strong and keep it up. I only lost .4 this week, but I'll take it!:bigsmile:
    Have a great week!
    Christy
  • retrobaby
    retrobaby Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Hi Jack and thanks for the open group!

I have truly struggled this year to control my weight. I hope by joining this group I can be accountable to weighing in and seeing true results. So, here goes accountability...

My start weight=190

I haven't weighed myself in over a month.
  • tamelab
    Options
    Hi all...Been terribly busy lately and not much time to post. Congrats to everyone for hanging in. I'm off to boot camp this morning. Friday is our last official weigh in day and I am down 11.7 pounds, hopefully it will be a total of 12 for the 10 week program. We will meet a few days a week through the holidays and then start again in January. I think I will continue on. It is difficult to get it done in the morning when I should be working but I will manage. I"m afraid if I try to do it on my own I will fall off the wagon once again. Hope you all have a good day.

Thanks for the chart Jack.
  • smwert
    smwert Posts: 300
    Options
    Hi all...Been terribly busy lately and not much time to post. Congrats to everyone for hanging in. I'm off to boot camp this morning. Friday is our last official weigh in day and I am down 11.7 pounds, hopefully it will be a total of 12 for the 10 week program. We will meet a few days a week through the holidays and then start again in January. I think I will continue on. It is difficult to get it done in the morning when I should be working but I will manage. I"m afraid if I try to do it on my own I will fall off the wagon once again. Hope you all have a good day.

Thanks for the chart Jack.

That's awesome - sticking to something for 12 weeks. You are my hero. I give up after a few days, hence my weight problem
    smwert
  • tamelab
    Options
    Thanks, Susan. I do the same thing, hence my weight problem too:) This class has been very good for me. I work from home so I don't get out much with just ladies. I've made some new friends and they are very encouraging.
  • justjack51
    justjack51 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    How is everyone doing? I had a not so good day today, I woke up powerful hungry and had no time to make my usual protein shake and peanut butter toast, so it was off to mcdonalds for a sausage biscuit.............and then I had a blueberry muffin at work at one of my meetongs. :-o :-S

I made better choices the rest of the day, but I figure I put down about 900 calories for breakfast. Tomorrow should be a better day.

The good news is I haven't ben hungry since this morning.

Yesterday I ran 2.7miles, I am almost back to my 3.1 miles I used to run, might get there tomorrow. Hope everyone is doing well. So far I have counted all my calories this week.
  • erbs
    erbs Posts: 12
    Options
    Good Job everyone!!!
    Ive been slacking a little, not gaining but still not losing.. I need to get back on track... remotivate myself!

Hope everyone has a great week! :)
  • tamelab
    Options
    Hi all... It is beautiful here in SC today, supposed to be in the 70's again. I plan to paint the shutters and front doors this week before it gets cold again (if I can raise my arms). We worked sooo hard in class this morning. It was arms day and mine are aching. Tomorrow we will get our final weigh in for the class but we did measurements today. I am down a total of 13.75 inches in 9 weeks (1.25 in right bicep, 4 in hips, 0.5 in neck, 3 in chest, 2 in waist and 3 in left thigh). I am really glad we did measurements. It was amazing to see the numbers. Hope you all have a great day.
  • justjack51
    Options
    Still have all calories counted this week. Actually looking forward to the weigh in, hopefully I don't spoil it over the weekend.
  • tamelab
    Options
    Final weigh in was today for my boot camp class....I lost 11.5 pounds and 13.75 total body inches in 9 weeks. Yeah! Now just ten more pounds and we will reevaluate. Have a great weekend.

Jack...Way to go logging your food and staying on track. You can do it!
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    Final weigh in was today for my boot camp class....I lost 11.5 pounds and 13.75 total body inches in 9 weeks. Yeah! Now just ten more pounds and we will reevaluate. Have a great weekend.

Jack...Way to go logging your food and staying on track. You can do it!

Tammy, 11.5 pounds is excellent, WTG! :drinker:
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    Bad, bad, bad week! I am officially back on track as of an hour ago. It is going to be okay, I have to just keep trucking away!

Hope everybody is having a great week!
  • tamelab
    Options
    Happy Saturday...Congrats to everybody for doing a great job. Today I plan to get these shutters painted as soon as the sun dries everything up a little more. Tonight we have the banquet for our bootcamp class. They are serving us dinner and we have a couple from The Biggest Loser season six that will be speaking, Phil and Amy Parham. We can also get a makeover before dinner if we want to. It should be a fun evening. Still have no clue what to wear. This was originally a wedding dress challenge for the 5:00 a.m. bootcamp class. They have been going 6 months as opposed to our 9 weeks. Some of them will be wearing their wedding dresses. I will go a little less formal lol. This week will be my last official week of bootcamp. We will not meet at all the week of Thanksgiving so I'll have to have something else to do to stay on the wagon. December will be hit and miss for anyone interested in going to a class and we start again in January. It is really the best thing I've done for me lately so I'll keep on keepin' on. Hope you all have a great weekend.

Amanda...Thanks! We can do this. Just keep on logging and jogging. Last night I had to go to bed early so I would stop eating junk. I was like a Hoover lol.
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    Tammy, thanks for the encouragement!

Your bootcamp thing sounds fun, enjoy yourself tonight and shine, you deserve it. :flowerforyou:
  • justjack51
    Options
    So had date night tonight. Trying to figure out what might be healthy. Not sure why, but I came up with Japanese Steak House. I ordered Chicken and Lobster thinking those were the two healthiest choices. Got home, and so far my ball park numbers are 1250 calories for that meal. That included no drinks or deserts. I watched the guy make all this food with about a stick of butter per person.

Anyway, never had Lobster that way before, not sure I will get it again. The chicken was actually better than the lobster.