if one more person pushes shakeology on me i swear..

Options

Replies

• lee112780
    lee112780 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Thats how I feel about P90X and Insanity, but I never said anything. I would never buy either solely based on the fact that I am SO SICk of hearing about them. Maybe because I work overnights and see the conmmercial all the time, I dunno...but its annoying as hell. Sorry p90x people...I would never spend that much on few DVDs and a meal plan.
  • AdventureVia
    AdventureVia Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Me Neither!

But contact me now for this great opportunity I want to tell you all about. I've managed to capture a few unicorns and have surgically removed their horns. I've ground them into magic dust that when mixed with water will make you fly and invincible to cold water! Call now to order Cornhornology!!
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    mind over matter; you can go your whole life without spending a buck thats one amazing placebo!
    Well I gotta spend a buck once in awhile... a girl likes to look pretty!:love::wink: :smokin:

But I know what you're saying....
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    For me it's more the boards and how the 'aggressiveness' has just gotten so out of hand on here in regards to the sales tactics... the PM's, the endless friend requests stating 'this WILL change your Life!' etc..

So I'm with ya ppl, I don't doubt the workout plans show results because I see it often with folks that DO use some of the BB DVD's so it's not so much the product I have issue with. The WAY 'some' of coaches go about using this board is what gets to me and really turns me off to buying any products on here. I've noticed the 'newer' coaches have been relentless trying to make sales on here lately actually starting their own threads on why we should buy it, nothing like being subtle.:huh: :laugh:

I really think that's why so many have gone the way of ebay, craigslist etc. and taken chances that way or simply purchased off the late night infomercials rather than getting caught up in PM hell with a 'won't take no for an answer' coach. But that's just my take on what's up around here at times.. :wink:

I love that advertising isn't allowed on this board it keeps it a free zone so we can do our thing and not get spammed by who knows what product every time we turn around. But then you get some that don't follow the rules... then again what spammer does? :laugh: :frown:

LOTS of advertising attempts are done on here...not referring only to BB coaches, but somehow they get by with it, no clue why:ohwell: :smokin: I mean check out all those links in the siglines, also not supposed to be there:grumble:

end rant:tongue:
    Dang it, I just wasted some of my precious workout time.....:noway: :grumble: :sad::laugh:
  • amakenm
    amakenm Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Yeah, guy at work is a "coach" Too much sugar (it has 9 grams, I try and stay under 10 grams a day), and expensive. I avoid most of the protein powders because they all use artificial sweeteners, except Jay Robb, Whey Factors (stevia).
    I personally use Vega Complete Whole Food Optimizer, Full serving is 26 grams of protein, 1 gram of sugar, 15 grams of fiber, with an array of vitamins, minerals, essential oils, berry complex, enzymes, and usually just a half serving when I don't have time to make a proper breakfast like red salmon, eggs, oatmeal. Usually no more than twice a week, and it doesn't taste bad either. It's a little pricey to use every day, and unnecessary,,, if you eat right.
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,732 Member
    Options
    I get what you are saying and I will see if I can clarify.

I want to become a BB coach when I have finished a program and become PROOF that it works and that it's possible for other people to get great results too. I'm not one of those people who would sign up just for the discount or to make money. I don't want to push people or harass them, but serve as a living example of what can be done. Maybe, people would come to me?

Does that make more sense?
    It makes total sense to me, because that's how I felt about it too. The cool thing is that I've used the programs and gotten great results, but my experience as a coach has been that unless you want to build a team (get other people to sign up as coaches under you), you'll never get enough customers to make it worthwhile dollar-wise. That said, you can still be an inspiration and help people without being a Beachbody coach, and you actually might have more credibility if you're not. That's a sad thing to say, but I think it's the truth. For me personally, it's an awkward position to be in when you feel like if you praise a product, people will think you're just trying to make a sale, and if there's a product you're not particularly fond of, you feel like you're not being a team player if you express that opinion. If I wasn't a coach, I could comfortably say that Slim Series is hands down the best workout program I've ever done (without people thinking I have an ulterior motive), that P90X is overrated, and that Shakeology is priced ridiculously high. But I am, so I would never say those things. :wink:
  • sara_xo
    sara_xo Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Best mixing one for me is ON 100% Whey, although I did't have a problem with Muscle Milk either.

I'm gonig to have to go with Allmax Isoflex :) BEST mixing protein I have EVER had!
  • sara_xo
    sara_xo Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Yeah, guy at work is a "coach" Too much sugar (it has 9 grams, I try and stay under 10 grams a day), and expensive. I avoid most of the protein powders because they all use artificial sweeteners, except Jay Robb, Whey Factors (stevia).
    I personally use Vega Complete Whole Food Optimizer, Full serving is 26 grams of protein, 1 gram of sugar, 15 grams of fiber, with an array of vitamins, minerals, essential oils, berry complex, enzymes, and usually just a half serving when I don't have time to make a proper breakfast like red salmon, eggs, oatmeal. Usually no more than twice a week, and it doesn't taste bad either. It's a little pricey to use every day, and unnecessary,,, if you eat right.

www.trueprotein.com (not selling) gives you the option of actually creating your own protein mix. you get to add stevia or have everything unsweetend.. it's kind of a neat feature.. and only around $10/ pound :) WONDERFUL
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    Might have to go check that website out when I run out my my protein powder. I want something without fat OR sugar, and the store brand ones have either one or the other. In my mind, the stuff I mix it with adds the taste...like fresh fruit...so I don't need the "extra" in the powder when I only really wanted to boost the protein. :flowerforyou:
  • mccorml
    mccorml Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    haha im still gonna go with my cotogainer haha really alot of protein and low fat and stuff anyways yah i let my roommate try insanity this morning and he agrees with me we both hate shaun t he has been doing 30 minutes of cardio everyday for like 3 years and he even told me that insanity makes him feel like a little... haha and that its almost like he's never been doing real cardio xD and im not pushing the product im saying it works without all the shakes and crap
  • ivyjbres
    ivyjbres Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I get what you are saying and I will see if I can clarify.

I want to become a BB coach when I have finished a program and become PROOF that it works and that it's possible for other people to get great results too. I'm not one of those people who would sign up just for the discount or to make money. I don't want to push people or harass them, but serve as a living example of what can be done. Maybe, people would come to me?

Does that make more sense?
    It makes total sense to me, because that's how I felt about it too. The cool thing is that I've used the programs and gotten great results, but my experience as a coach has been that unless you want to build a team (get other people to sign up as coaches under you), you'll never get enough customers to make it worthwhile dollar-wise. That said, you can still be an inspiration and help people without being a Beachbody coach, and you actually might have more credibility if you're not. That's a sad thing to say, but I think it's the truth. For me personally, it's an awkward position to be in when you feel like if you praise a product, people will think you're just trying to make a sale, and if there's a product you're not particularly fond of, you feel like you're not being a team player if you express that opinion. If I wasn't a coach, I could comfortably say that Slim Series is hands down the best workout program I've ever done (without people thinking I have an ulterior motive), that P90X is overrated, and that Shakeology is priced ridiculously high. But I am, so I would never say those things. :wink:

What can I say? Its an MLM. Beyond that, they sell it on the website, so they're actively sabotaging their own sales force. They've won you over with weight loss results; results that you probably could have and would have achieved on your own. They convince you to give them credit and sell their product. But if they sell it on the website, then people who know about it, will eventually just go to the source, cutting out your commission. So then they've gained customers, without paying out commission to you, which keeps you hungry and on the hook.

Plenty of companies put out a good product. And heaving read the ingredient list, I can totally understand why its that expensive. But.... A company that would fool you into doing their work and find ways not to pay you commission, well....
  • Beth720
    Beth720 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    :explode: its so annoying i dont want a 120 dollar replacement for a protein shake i think its just a way for p90 coaches to make commission and i really hate stuff being pushed on me i dont believe its anything different than a processed protein but i can get 50 grams of protein from my protein shakes and i get a big tub that lasts me longer than a month for 40 so yah.. just my two cents :mad:

AMEN!!!!!
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    IsoFlex is what I use as well and I have *no* problems with mixing in my standard Oster blender...

As for BB, P90X and all the rest... I am SO tired of hearing about it on here. Doesn't have to cost you ANYTHING to work out, lose weight, and be healthy. It's all about making the right choices, being accountable, and getting your @ss off the couch. Honestly, folks....

/rant
  • CraftyGirl4
    CraftyGirl4 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    i think calories are calories one protein is as good as the other.. ive learned from experience generic isnt bad at all i buy off brand everything except car speakers and fireworks :laugh:
    glad to see people agree with me

I respectfully disagree. Not all proteins are created equal. Whey and egg whites are the only 100% bioavailable proteins to our bodies. Even fish, chicken and beef don't give us all of the protein listed on the package. Now, if you're comparing whey to whey, then, yeah, milk protein is milk protein anyway you slice it.
  • dragonfly74
    dragonfly74 Posts: 1,382 Member
    Options
    I have to say I love BB products but hate the "coaching" aspect of it. I have been using their products for well over 10 years and became a member before they automatically signed you up with a coach. Everyday I get "friend" requests and they are from "coaches." I just got one a couple days ago and he asked lots of questions. Then I looked at his profile and saw he just became a member this year. I told him how long I have been using the products and that I never felt the need to have a coach or become one. After several messages he said "well, if you want to add me as a coach . . . and I can help you to achieve your goals." Excuse me? I have been an avid user for over 10 years and you are a newbie to it all and are going to help me reach my goals that I have already met? Um, no thanks, make your money off of someone else.

So over the years I have gotten more and more upset with the "coaching."

But on topic of Shakeology, I do use it to get in my daily veggies and fruit servings, it is not just a protein shake as I am sure many have said here.
  • Mike
    Mike Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Just a reminder to all Beachbody coaches - promoting your own site or offering discounts would be considered an ad, and ads are not allowed on the forums. As you can imagine, we have a lot of beachbody coaches on the site who would also like to promote their products to our members, so to prevent the forums from becoming flooded with ads, we do not allow ads on the forums.

You're free to talk about Beachbody products, both pros and cons, but please make sure to do so in a way where you are not trying to financially benefit, i.e. by promoting your own site, offering discounts through your links, "message me if you have questions", etc.

Thanks for your cooperation. Hope you're all enjoying the site.
  • ErinMarie25
    ErinMarie25 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I have to say I love BB products but hate the "coaching" aspect of it. I have been using their products for well over 10 years and became a member before they automatically signed you up with a coach. Everyday I get "friend" requests and they are from "coaches." I just got one a couple days ago and he asked lots of questions. Then I looked at his profile and saw he just became a member this year. I told him how long I have been using the products and that I never felt the need to have a coach or become one. After several messages he said "well, if you want to add me as a coach . . . and I can help you to achieve your goals." Excuse me? I have been an avid user for over 10 years and you are a newbie to it all and are going to help me reach my goals that I have already met? Um, no thanks, make your money off of someone else.

Wow, that's ridiculous though. I don't add people just to up my friends list to bug people. In fact, I don't even message anyone about BB products, ever.
  • dragonfly74
    Options

Wow, that's ridiculous though. I don't add people just to up my friends list to bug people. In fact, I don't even message anyone about BB products, ever.

They do this constantly on BB's website not here. I use it everyday to log my workouts and have a wonderful group of buddies there. I guarantee when I log on this morning I will have at least one friend request and it will be from a "coach."
  • dragonfly74
    Options
    Just a reminder to all Beachbody coaches - promoting your own site or offering discounts would be considered an ad, and ads are not allowed on the forums. As you can imagine, we have a lot of beachbody coaches on the site who would also like to promote their products to our members, so to prevent the forums from becoming flooded with ads, we do not allow ads on the forums.

You're free to talk about Beachbody products, both pros and cons, but please make sure to do so in a way where you are not trying to financially benefit, i.e. by promoting your own site, offering discounts through your links, "message me if you have questions", etc.

Thanks for your cooperation. Hope you're all enjoying the site.

Thanks Mike! You're site is terrific! It is great that you keep it so well managed and under control. It is refreshing.
  • chatal36
    chatal36 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    ha ha that is really funny !