Suggestions for a good protein powder

Options
Goal is lean muscle gain and fat loss. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Replies

• SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    There are plenty of good ones on the market. I'm quite in love with Trutein. Great flavor, reasonable cals/macros/etc.

Keep in mind that total protein intake, total calorie intake, and your training will be fundamentally important to your goals. Whether or not you use protein powder or get your protein in vs using whole food sources isn't considerably important.
  • 257_Lag
    257_Lag Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    I am a big fan of Phase 8 and when it is BOGO (like it is right now) it's very affordable also!

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/muscletech/phase8.html
  • iclark2012
    Options
    I am one of those people who has a "super palette" that being that I am extremely sensitive to aftertastes, and I've been using the Body Fortress Super Vanilla Whey protein. It's really good and has no metallic after taste. It does ACTUALLY taste like a vanilla milk shake. I like to mix it with some low carb cool-whip (the non-dairy kind) and water, to save on carbs.
  • zombiefarmboy
    zombiefarmboy Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Very good point, SS.

And thanks for the link, 257.
  • edarnell08
    edarnell08 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Beverly Internation UMP is the best tasting by far. Go check them out, they are not cheap but they are the best.
  • climbing_trees
    climbing_trees Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Trutein cinnabun.
    Nothing else compares <3<3<3
  • Chris_58
    Options
    I use optimum health, it's really cheap here in the UK, (£20 for 2.25KG), Tastes great (Strawberry), not sure if you'll get it in the US.
  • kimjoan
    kimjoan Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Pro Complex - both the chocolate and vanilla taste great just shaking them up with some water! 30 grams of protein per scoop, started using it because recommended by my doctor. Unfortuntely, I cannot use it anymore because it has gluten in it.
  • JayDavila
    JayDavila Posts: 146 Member
    Options

I agree with the above, Optimum Nutrition products have worked very well with me, every flavor I've tried has been extremely good. I even cook with the whey. (Pancakes, waffles, muffins, breads oatmeal, etc)
    I feel as if their products are very well made/clean and mix great.
  • MichiganFern
    Options
    I really like the Isopure Unflavored Whey Protein. You can mix it in any drink, or even replace some of the flour in baked goods like waffles or muffins.

I've mixed it with fruit and vegetable juices, and almond milk and it hasn't ever tasted off or had any aftertaste.

The only think I did not like with was plain water.

http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/p/nature-best-isopure-isopure-zero-carb-unflavored-3-lb-powder/np-1184
  • woodml1
    woodml1 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Protogen by bodybuilding.com! In addition to tasting GREAT, it's also a whey/soy/casien mix making it ideal for any time of the day AND not cluttering up all of your kitchen counter space. If you're just starting to use protein or don't have a specific need (quick digesting for after workout, slow digesting for night time, lactose-free...) this is an awesome option!
  • Greytfish
    Greytfish Posts: 810
    Options
    I've been looking at Trutein for a while, but have yet to venture into giving it a try. I'm using Syntha 6 right now. anyone used both who can offer an opinion?
  • zombiefarmboy
    zombiefarmboy Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I'm not really as concerned with which tastes the best. More about what I'm getting for what I'm paying as far as quality and results.
  • bloodhoundlady
    bloodhoundlady Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Sun warrior. This is approved for a no sugar added , no gmo. It cost more but well worth the price. There is a vegan free powder too. They sell it online and only approved health food stores.
    www.sunwarrior.com
  • Greytfish
    Greytfish Posts: 810
    Options
    It's a supplement, so other than the macros listed on the container, there are no real indications of quality. Results is more about hitting your macros and fueling at appropriate times than any particular brand.
  • sunshinesquared
    sunshinesquared Posts: 2,733 Member
    Options
    Bump...
  • mariah_papaya
    mariah_papaya Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I love, love, love, Vega. It's a bit pricey, but is completely vegan and natural and totally delicious. No sugar or weird crap! Vanilla Chai is my fave, but Chocolate it pretty damn tasty as well.
  • l_ashley
    l_ashley Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I am one of those people who has a "super palette" that being that I am extremely sensitive to aftertastes, and I've been using the Body Fortress Super Vanilla Whey protein. It's really good and has no metallic after taste. It does ACTUALLY taste like a vanilla milk shake. I like to mix it with some low carb cool-whip (the non-dairy kind) and water, to save on carbs.

I agree! I just bought this protein powder a few days ago and it is damn good. :) I mix it with almond milk and fruit, such as raspberries. It is delicious. Cuts right through my sugar cravings too :)
  • a_stronger_me13
    a_stronger_me13 Posts: 812 Member
    Options

I agree with the above, Optimum Nutrition products have worked very well with me, every flavor I've tried has been extremely good. I even cook with the whey. (Pancakes, waffles, muffins, breads oatmeal, etc)
    I feel as if their products are very well made/clean and mix great.

Ditto. Or Cellucor, both can be ordered for some crazy good deals on Bodybuilding.com.