Vegan protein

Options
I'm worried I might not be taking in enough protein, especially around the end of the month when food is scarce.

Fellow vegans, what are your favorite protein powders, bars etc. or how can I get enough protein without having to eat a cubic **** ton of beans and rice?

(sorry if I accidentally double post, internet failed when I clicked post topic.)

Replies

• grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    Vegetarian, but I find that the boca vegan burgers provide some of the best bang for your buck (80 calories and 10g protein). The RAW protein powder is a decent vegan protein supplement as well. I personally like dried edamame (Seapoint Farms, I think) as a protein-heavy snack.
  • MorgueBabe
    MorgueBabe Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    fake meat I favor Quorn which is not vegan (has egg) but I'm allergic to soy
    Setian (wheat gluten)
    beans
    NuGo double Dark chocolate bars
    NutraSumma Pea Protien in plain unflavored
    Beans beans and more beans.
  • Rambo529
    Rambo529 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Vega brand protein powders are pretty good, and are vegan. If you're just looking for protein powder. I've found some pretty awesome recipes in a variety of vegan books as well.
  • rjdunn87
    rjdunn87 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Quinoa, tofu, tempeh, lentils, nuts. I just started using the RAW brand protein powder because I wanted to up my protein intake after my workouts, so I've been making shakes with that which are pretty tasty and pack in at least 20-25 grams.
  • coccodrillo72
    coccodrillo72 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Hemp is my favourite vegan protein source (hemp-fu, hemp seitan, hemp seeds, hemp flour/powder) and it is complete, meaning it contains all the essential amino acids. It also have lots of fiber and it's a good source of omega 3.
  • Amandainyaface
    Options
    Sunwarrior should be the best. It's riceprotein.
  • foxruddellc1
    foxruddellc1 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    brown rice protein powder :)

it is fairly cheap for protein powder, in the health food section of Kroger its about $10 for a container and you get quite a bit
    I switched to this after I wanted to work on becoming vegan, I get sick of beans as well :) I usually make a shake with water and peanut butter but they say you can just stir it into other things