153 Pounds Lighter and STRONG!

Options
For many years on January 1st I always said, "This is the year I will lose weight." And every year I started and then quit. Well, in January 2013 I was unhealthy, tired and unhappy. My weight literally impacted every area of my life including my career, marriage and most importantly, self confidence and esteem. I decided to stop accepting mediocrity and demand something more.

My transformation began with baby steps such as cutting out fast food, sweets and simply walking for 30 minutes a day. After I began losing weight I joined a local gym and got quickly inspired by many gym members. I got to know them, asked questions and began learning everything I could about nutrition and fitness. I discovered Spinning classes and loved the burn I got in them. I was very inspired by my Spinning teacher. One day I got up the courage to talk to her. Since then, she has become one of my biggest influences and mentors. As a result of her mentorship, I now eat 5-6 well balanced meals, strength train and perform cardio 5-6 times a week. I am happy, healthy and strong. Since January 2013, I have lost 153 pounds. I am determined to take my fitness to the next level and pay it forward by inspiring others with my story. I encourage everyone to follow me for ideas, motivation and support by becoming friends with me on My Fitness Pal and following my journey more closely on Instagram @sftastic.

Replies

• jlori42
    jlori42 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You are AWESOME and very inspirational! I too have stated I was going to lose weight every January, and by the beginning of March, I'm frustrated and I quit. I want this year to be my year. Thank you for posting your story, and giving me the hope that this can be my year for success.
  • lastchancedance89
    lastchancedance89 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    You are AWESOME and very inspirational! I too have stated I was going to lose weight every January, and by the beginning of March, I'm frustrated and I quit. I want this year to be my year. Thank you for posting your story, and giving me the hope that this can be my year for success.

I agree. Fantastic progress. Just incredible!
  • SFTASTIC
    SFTASTIC Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you! You're support means so much!
  • mzco14
    mzco14 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    That's awesome. I will be following you . Over 100 lbs on 1 year is terrific !!! I've started again 12/30/13 and I'm not giving up this time. Thanks for posting.
  • mamma_nee
    mamma_nee Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    WOW!!! Your before and after pics are AMAZING !!! You look great . thank you so much for sharing with us !
  • buttercup68110
    buttercup68110 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    you look great and you're a great inspiration. I'm starting with baby steps too. So far I have not had pop in months and I'm not even craving it. Next I'm cutting out fast food which is a little bit of a challenge since I work full time, go to school full time and I am a mother of two toddlers. I'm starting to make my lunch and dinner ahead of time so that's helping.
  • issypops
    issypops Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    What a great transformation. Very inspiring, thanks for posting
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!