99.8 pounds lost in 2013 lookout 2014

Options

Replies

• AlanahCFit
    AlanahCFit Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I love your relaxed attitude about it, you make it sound simple and easy. Congrats :)
  • oosterman
    oosterman Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Great progress, 450 push ups really impressive!

Thanks everyone!

The 450 push-ups was part of a workout called the kettlebell mile. Take a kettle bell in each hand (55 lbs each in my case) and walk a mile. Each time you put the bells down do 10 push-ups and 10 sit-ups. Repeat until you finish the distance.
  • Briargrey
    Briargrey Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • jennykcmo
    jennykcmo Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look awesome! That's amazing. I like your comment that it's a mental game where we get to decide who wins. IT IS SO MENTAL!!! And I've never thought of it that way - I get to decide which "side" i'm going to let win. Love it.
  • Braydensmommy415
    Braydensmommy415 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    You should be proud!! Thanks for sharing to help keep us all motivated that we can reach our goals too!
  • mygrl4meee
    mygrl4meee Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Oh my!!! You don't even look like the same person. Looking great!!!
  • MadBabysMama
    MadBabysMama Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Awesome results! congratulations and best of luck reaching your final goals!
  • vmr2811
    vmr2811 Posts: 36
    Options
    Congrats are def in order!!! Your hard work has paid off--keep it up!!! :)
  • Moonlitedi
    Moonlitedi Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Amazing commitment! Fantastic achievement and it feels so good! Very proud of you sir! You are almost to your goal! Wooohooo!!!
  • Cayjominara
    Cayjominara Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    2013 Progress.. Down 99.8 pounds (approx). I went from not being able to do a push-up to doing 450 as PART OF one workout last week..from not being able to do 10 minutes on the elliptical to running 60 flights of stairs. More to come... Happy 2014..

SW:340
    CW:240.2
    GW: 200
    HT: 5'10"

11701383784_a8dd3e1135_z.jpg

How did I do it? well like most on MFP I logged all my food and worked toward a fixed amount of calories per day. In the process I cut out nearly all drinks that were not water and nearly all fast food. There are no foods I don't eat. I just eat less of them or plan around them.

Most days at the beginning I would plan my full days worth of food in advance in order to not go over. I also committed to getting at least 30 mins of activity 3x a week at the start..

One of the biggest things is I always have a plan B so if I hit a wall and the scale didn't move for a while I know what my next step is to get around it. I.e. joining a gym with a training program, re-evaluating my nutrition. Getting a fitbit to monitor daily activity levels, etc. It think it all boils down to 80% eating better and 20% moving my butt more.

The biggest lesson I learned is that weight loss in more of a mental game where you play both sides. you get to choose who will win. I have another 40lbs to drop in 2014, its no longer a matter of If.. its just a matter of when i will hit that goal.

I'm PROUD of you, man! PROUD!!!
  • divainsneakers
    divainsneakers Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Great job!!
  • MollMoll821
    MollMoll821 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • BL_Mark
    BL_Mark Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    GREAT job man!! Killin' it!! We have the same philosophy on this thing! Good luck in 2014!!
  • jennz81
    jennz81 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    You should be proud, because you look amazing. :) Fantastic job!
  • piritaoro
    piritaoro Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    You are doing awesome! Congratulations!
  • edg6strings
    edg6strings Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Tremendous accomplishment! Congrats to you!
  • sabrina0024
    sabrina0024 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! Good for you!
  • tabithajoyy
    tabithajoyy Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Wow, you have done amazing! Keep going! Inspiring!
  • ypena78
    ypena78 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Awesome, if this doesn't motivate me then nothing will. Totally inspired, thanks for sharing:smile:
  • oosterman
    oosterman Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the kind words!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!