wrap fillings

Options
Hiya

What do you put in your wrap to keep the cals down and the taste up?

Ange

Replies

• ltlemermaid
    ltlemermaid Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    My wraps usually are:

hummus (instead of mayo)
    ham or turkey slices
    avocado slices
    spinach leaves or romaine lettuce
    tomato slices
    cucumbers (for extra crunch)
    a slice of cheese if I want or have it to add
  • akhilton
    Options
    that sounds good

today I had chicken, sweetcorn, lettuce and sweet chilli sauce
  • elisabeisme
    elisabeisme Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I make breakfast burritos from my wraps and freeze them.

I make a big batch of scrambled eggs/egg whites with various veggies (peppers, mushrooms, broccoli, spinach, etc). Sometimes I add black beans. Season to your taste with pepper, hot sauce, parsley, basil, or oregano, etc. Then, add some shredded cheese/parm cheese. The key is to drain out some of the moisture from the eggs before you make the wraps so they won't be too soggy when you reheat them. Capture the ingredients you used as a recipe in your MFP account. You can adjust it each time based on the combination of ingredients you used.

I make it slightly differently each time for variety. If you use a nice proportion of veggies and not too much cheese, the macros come out very nice and balanced. Microwave and go in the morning. Or pop in a ziplock and take to work.
  • dangerousdumpling
    dangerousdumpling Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    I like light cream cheese, turkey, cheddar, and tons of veggies like cucumber, spinach, tomato, and bell pepper.
  • jennygeo1
    jennygeo1 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    My fav is:
    Chicken, lettuce, Franks red hot and ranch. Gives me that hot wing fix :) and you can go nuts with the red hot...
  • tinakowalik
    tinakowalik Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I enjoy grilled chicken breast in the George Forman grill, keeps it juicy. And tomato, romain lettuce, Renee's Caesar dressing, low fat, zero fat is gross, don't recommend. Nummy!!