1 name of someone who served....

Options

Replies

• CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    My grampa Art Popp served as a medic in WWII.

My stepdad Cappy Buelow served in Vietnam.
  • angiesteele
    angiesteele Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    My Grandfather Harold Evans Sr. (RIP) Vietnam
    My Grandfather in law Major General William B. Steele retired-Vietnam
    My FIL Wade Steele (RIP)
  • bonnienm
    bonnienm Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    My dad Alden, WWII. Thanks to all those that have served and still serve and all of their families!
  • Zita_Jenn
    Zita_Jenn Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    My Uncle Cliffard Harty (WWII) (deceased, 1999)
    My Grandpa Omer Grenon (Vietnam, Vet) (deceased, 2001)

Thank you to those who have served and to those who are still serving our country. This day is special for two reasons, #1 - Soldiers have died to fight for our freedom. And #2 - 14 yrs ago my son was born. :heart:
  • butterfly25
    butterfly25 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    my uncle joe may he r.i.p
  • scarlettbleu
    Options
    My grandfather was a pilot and POW in WW2, my father was an engineer on a sub and my brother is currently a Navy Corpsman finally home after two tours (Irag and Afghanistan). I am so proud of all of them.
  • jude666
    jude666 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    My friend's husband, Jamie Clarke - Royal Engineers - Helmand Province
    Proud to know him - and he came to my wedding in full military attire! Made us all feel so proud to be british.

Jx
  • ThaiKaren
    ThaiKaren Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    My daughter who is in the Queen Alexander Nursing Corps and has served in Afghanistan twice
  • thenebean9
    Options
    My brother in law, Brandon Proffer - was in the Army, currently in the Reserves.

Thanks to all who have served!
  • JodiS75
    JodiS75 Posts: 284
    Options
    My Grandpa - George Toft, ARMY
    My Grandpa - Elmo Murphy, ARMY
    My Grandpa - Roy Hall, ARMY
    My Dad - Tom Baden, ARMY
    My Uncle - Larry Baden, Air Force
    My Brother - Matthew Baden, ARMY, Active
    My Brother - John Bodine, ARMY, Active
    My Brother - Luke Reece, Navy (ret), ARMY, Active
    And numerous others I can't remember right now...

Thank you for signing that blank check to protect our rights and freedom. The simple words "thank you" can never be enough to express my great appreciation for your sacrifice and dedication.
  • forswearitssight
    forswearitssight Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    My Grandpa Bernard Benjamin Wolfson
    My "Puppy Sid" Sidney Lawrence Craft
    My best friend's twin brothers Nathanial and Justin Clough. Justin was wounded and got marine of the year a few years back.

And countless other people I've known from high school and through my mom.

Thank you for serving.
  • caryn2010
    caryn2010 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave. ~ Elmer Davis

I have grown up in awe of patriots who took the path to ensure freedom for their country. Freedom is never free.
    I am so thankful for all of those who have defended our country, protected our people, & those that have also died to give us all the chance to live w/ freedom. Servicemen of every armed force...I thank you. And those I've known personally who have done their part as well....sorry, I can't name only one...Grandpa Jim - James W Littleford Army Air Corps WWII pilot, Uncle Chuck Schenkenberger, brothers - Howard & Jeff Thompson, Friends - Robert Hacker, Craig Carabajal, Noel Shewcraft, Sloan Reape Hruby, Jamie Duff, Troy Smith, Brandon Smith, Brandon Rockholt, Melissa Lichty & all the many others. Thanks so much! I am honored, humbled, and thankful for US Military Vets.
  • DanL66712
    Options
    My friend and soon to be best man at my wedding, Dave Preece, Royal Navy
  • mrsewert
    mrsewert Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    An Ex-Boyfriend - Justin
    My Grandpa Arnold - May he rest in peace
  • BridgettePlemmons
    BridgettePlemmons Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    My dad Gary Thomas Farrington, with the Navy and served in Vietnam. Lost his battle October 13, 2010..Rest in peace.
  • mommaski4
    mommaski4 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    My son Kevin - Iraq last year, Afghanistan this year, most likely Afghanistan again next year
    His best friend Joey - Iraq & Afghanistan
    Their friend Phillip - heading to Afghanistan soon

My late Grandpa - WWII

"A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'"

THANK YOU!!!!
  • Samantharose8akaDebbie
    Options
    My Grandpa and my Hero, Leonard J. Morley:heart: Always missed, never forgotten!
  • barbosa22
    barbosa22 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    ME!!!!
  • Fesse
    Fesse Posts: 611
    Options
    Amazing to everyone! I will take the time while I read every single one of your posts to 'remember' and 'thank'. When you post the name of a loved one or friend it just makes it that much more real. You filled my heart today and helped me remember my Grandfather who served 25 years in the Canadian Navy. Thank you.
  • just4peachy
    just4peachy Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    I grew up on an Air Force Base (thanks daddy!) and in the company of SO many who were serving/had served. Here's my list:

Paul Brown, Ted Brown, David Brown, Joshua Brown, Matthew Smith, Randy Cloud, Brandon Cloud, Kelly Ward, Maxine Gerlach, Chris Lane, Debbie Wright, Christina Pancake, Jeff Pancake, Chris Mezger, Liz Daniels, Brett Oxley, David Ward, Aaron Gilbert, Garry Miller, Scott Reed, Dane Smith, Michael Pegg, Tracy Jones, Tom Bowser, Justin Gilmore, Matt Ising, Adam McGhee, Becky Clark, Kevin Clark...
    And my boyfriend, Tim Bowser.

I :heart: you all very much! I know I missed MANY but I didn't want to completely hijack this thread.