Girls...Coming off the pill

Just curious, I just stopped taking my BC after 7 years wondering if anyone had any weight fluctuations up or down after stopping the pill?

Thanks

Replies

• kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    My weight always dropped but I'm one of those people who doesn't tolerate hormones well and I gained on every pill I tried, so I guess my weight returned to normal. I have friends who gained after stopping. I think it is different for everyone.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1159923-when-she-says-i-m-late?page=13#posts-18175482

That thread has a lot of good anecdotal stories for why it would be good to be extra careful when tinkering with the pill.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    I gained 35-40# every time I went off the pill.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    I didn't have any trouble with that. I did have some other side effects-- more migraines for one. Just count your calories and you'll be alright.
  • tehboxingkitteh
    tehboxingkitteh Posts: 1,574 Member
    I gained some weight one time I came off the pill. I was pregnant, though. Aside from that time, no. Never had an issue with weight gain associated with bc pills.
  • smbyrd13
    smbyrd13 Posts: 52 Member
    I gained about 10 lbs when I came off the pill (a little over a year ago). The weight gain was pretty sudden, within a month or two of going off. Since then, I've been diagnosed with PCOS which the pill was masking the symptoms of. Weight gain is the most common symptom :(
  • fiaria
    fiaria Posts: 18
    I don't know if this helps or even adds to the conversation, but I know first hand that at least the birth control shot can have effects on weight. I had a steady weight of 135 until I got on the shot (I was also going through a lot at that time, though). Then I gained about 20 pounds.