Not new, but newly returning (and pregnant!)

Options
I'm about 25 weeks pregnant and have gained too much weight in my pregnancy already, so I realized I really need to return to this site to help me keep my weight in check and to make sure I'm eating healthy foods. I've been on this site off and on for a long time, so I pretty much know what I should and shouldn't be eating, but it's too easy to grab the doughnuts and cookies (with second helpings) when I'm not actively monitoring and logging what I eat, so I'm back on here to keep myself accountable.

I'm about 5'1"-5"-2", 28 years old, live in Washington State, and work full time at a desk job. I'm focusing on eating healthy REAL foods again, cutting out sugary drinks (mochas/lattes & sprite!), and going on at least a 15-30 minute walk every day.

I'm looking for some new friends to help keep me motivated and on track :) Losing weight is definitely more fun when you have friends!

Replies

• kristilovescake
    kristilovescake Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Apparently people are afraid of the pregnant lady :/ I promise you can't catch the pregnant from me!
  • kenzietate
    kenzietate Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm 22 weeks along and trying to keep my weight gain down but more importantly trying to avoid gestational diabetes as I am at a really high risk. I'm 5'4", 24 and on the complete other side of the country in GA lol. I also have a desk job and am focusing on trying to stay away from eating out as much as possible.

Congratulations on your baby! :)
  • kristilovescake
    kristilovescake Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    hi :) I sent you a friend request!

I'm trying to avoid gestational diabetes as well, and makes me worry a little since I've gained so much weight already, but I'll be having my screening in a couple weeks so I want to make sure I get back on track with my diet and exercise before then.
  • kenzietate
    kenzietate Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Good luck! Hopefully we can both avoid it!
  • StacehLouxo
    Options
    Hello my name is Stacey Leadbeatter.
    I am 18 years old.

I have always had problems with my weight. It has been like a yoyo.
    I am now currently at my heaviest 244lbs which is 17 stone 6 lbs!

I didn't realise how big i actually am until I saw a recent picture of myself.

I need to lose this weight, and I will do it..
    As we all do I need motivation and ALOT of it.

anyone feel free to add me
  • craynor5
    Options
    Hey All,

I am newly pregnant, 4w6d, but I want to make sure that I am getting all the nutrients that I need and want to make sure that I do not gain to much weight.
  • Kaylyn221
    Kaylyn221 Posts: 123
    Options
    Congrats ladies :)

I just had my daughter 3.5 months ago. Now im working on losing the baby weight. Good luck :)
  • Rabellaka
    Rabellaka Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've lost 19 lbs in the last three months, and I just found out a few days ago that I'm pregnant. Ironically, the IUI I had last month didn't work.....

I'm still very overweight, at 231 lbs, and 5'8".