How many calories do you eat?

Options
124»

Replies

• nikkylyn
    nikkylyn Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I try to net 1700. Im 5'6 158lbs. I exercise 5x week.
  • melissayoungblood
    melissayoungblood Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Im eating whole foods and just started working out. I can't seem to get in my 1200 calories even since I started this. I realize I am not a big eater I have just ate the wrong foods is why Im so overweight now. Now that I switched to only whole foods Im eating like 900 to 1000 calories and need to find a way to bump this up. Planning on adding protein shakes. Any advice? I don't want to not get enough calories. Yet my sugar seems high intake than needs to be still. I love fruit and I guess the pineapple needs to be switched to something else.
  • reality_girl
    reality_girl Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    All of them
  • littleburgy
    littleburgy Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Mine is TDEE with the deduction, 1750. I think it has my maintenance at about 2200. I work out at least 5 days a week.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Im eating whole foods and just started working out. I can't seem to get in my 1200 calories even since I started this. I realize I am not a big eater I have just ate the wrong foods is why Im so overweight now. Now that I switched to only whole foods Im eating like 900 to 1000 calories and need to find a way to bump this up. Planning on adding protein shakes. Any advice? I don't want to not get enough calories. Yet my sugar seems high intake than needs to be still. I love fruit and I guess the pineapple needs to be switched to something else.

I eat over 2000 cals of predominantly whole foods. Limited supplements. I like to eat a lot! To eat more with less volume you just need to make more calorie dense choices. Don't worry about the sugar so much, if you don't have any conditions that would be effected by it. Eat your pineapple!
  • hannydeee
    hannydeee Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I'm on 1200 + exercise & Fitbit cals right now which means I'm eating an average of 2000 a day at the moment.
    Adding another 250 onto that in a few weeks though.
  • laursoar
    laursoar Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I've been eating 1440 calories/day for months and steadily losing an average of 1.5 lbs a week. The only exception has been the holidays when I was eating maintenance on average. Maybe those couple of breaks have helped though? I have noticed that I tend to simply accumulate water weight that sheds about 3 to 4 lbs about five days after I start eating back at 1440 again.

When I get to my goal weight, I plan to be up somewhere around an average of 1800 calories a day.