runners...favorite tracking app?

I don't normally run with anything but my Garmin but when I do I use smoothing.

what do you all use?

Replies

• KimMc60
    KimMc60 Posts: 112 Member
    I love Nike+! I've heard MapMyRun is pretty good too.
  • NareenaTheGypsy
    NareenaTheGypsy Posts: 475 Member
    I use RunTastic. There is the occasional issue, but it's overall pretty good and it integrates with MFP :)
  • jclist1
    jclist1 Posts: 87 Member
    I have been using MapMyRun for the last couple years and like it quite a bit.
  • elfo
    elfo Posts: 353 Member
    Nike +
  • Stripeness
    Stripeness Posts: 511 Member
    MapMyRun

It seems to do pretty well on the assortment of hills around me, too. Wasn't expecting that from a free app.
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    I do use map my run on the internet it has great tools to map a course
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    I have one of the new TomTom watches and that links up with Mapmyfitness
  • GoMizzou99
    GoMizzou99 Posts: 512 Member
    RunKeeper - use it for any outdoor activity, golf, cycling, running, walking. I love that it lets me see a google map track - especially when hiking/exploring/hunting. Can use app on phone or log in online. Also sync's with MFP if you set it up that way.

I just checked the online version and it says I have burned 36,257 calories since I started using it.
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Runtastic I found WAY over-calculated my distance and speed, so I got rid of that plus it had issues connecting to satelite all the time
    Nike+ I thought was pretty good until I ran my first half marathon and Nike+ calculated I ran 14.58 miles :grumble: ...now I know since it was a certified course it was going to be more than 13.15 ...but not that much more
    The reviews on MapMyRun app are not very good so I won't buy that

Right now I am using Nike+ and then calculating the miles on the MapMyRun website...the only problem with this, is I live in a neighborhood full of cul de sacs with circles....and I get shafted because I tend to eat up all the blacktop I can when I run and mapping websites end the "road" in the middle of the circle and don't calculate if you ran around the circle :grumble:

I will have to save my $ for a Gramin and just use that
  • LouSmorals
    LouSmorals Posts: 93 Member
    I used to use RunKeeper, but since I got a Garmin 310XT, I just go with Garmin Connect. Seems to be all the data I need, now if i could just get an app to make me go faster....
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    Runtastic I found WAY over-calculated my distance and speed, so I got rid of that plus it had issues connecting to satelite all the time
    Nike+ I thought was pretty good until I ran my first half marathon and Nike+ calculated I ran 14.58 miles :grumble: ...now I know since it was a certified course it was going to be more than 13.15 ...but not that much more
    The reviews on MapMyRun app are not very good so I won't buy that

Right now I am using Nike+ and then calculating the miles on the MapMyRun website...the only problem with this, is I live in a neighborhood full of cul de sacs with circles....and I get shafted because I tend to eat up all the blacktop I can when I run and mapping websites end the "road" in the middle of the circle and don't calculate if you ran around the circle :grumble:

I will have to save my $ for a Gramin and just use that

I love my forerunner 10. it has never failed me and has been accurate on all certified courses
  • moooveitgen
    moooveitgen Posts: 15 Member
    I'm a beginner runner, but I like Endomondo. I bought the premium edition for the trainer tool.
  • ElliottTN
    ElliottTN Posts: 1,614 Member
    Garmin forerunner 310XT

Its a beast of a watch but love that its actually waterproof and the huge display.

Garmin connect has more metrics for analysis then I know what todo with....I'm a simple man.
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Right now I'm using Runkeeper, but am hoping to get a Garmin soon.
  • I'm using Map My Run - and like JTICK, hoping I get a Garmin Forerunner 10... SOON!!!!!!!
  • I use runkeeper (free), but then I'm not one for obsessing over stats and so just the basics I get from the app (time, average pace, mile splits, googlemap) is fine.

Having said that, Santa left a Garmin forerunner 110 under the tree for me this christmas. Not had much chance to play with it yet but it seems like the garmin connect app/website has all the data and analysis tools I'd ever need.
  • HonuNui
    HonuNui Posts: 1,464 Member
    I use mapmyrun: they often have challenges you can join, where random names are drawn for prizes. I won a $75 gift certificate to a sports store just for doing what I would have done anyway....run!

exercise.png
  • BrunetteWife
    BrunetteWife Posts: 2,108 Member
    I love Nike+! I've heard MapMyRun is pretty good too.

Me too! MapMyRun was my go to for years but I really like Nike+
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    I use Runtastic. I'm pretty happy with it. I have the premium upgrade version.