Costco Pizza!

Options
2»

Replies

• ekz13
    ekz13 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    yep, it's right... BUT the take and bake is less due to the smaller slices. I usually just split it and it works out to a "normal" slice.
  • lighteningjeanne855
    lighteningjeanne855 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    For the price of a Costco pizza, I can afford to rip off
    and eat all the meat, cheese, and veggie toppings
    from one slice, but throw away the crust. Annnndd
    still have a garden salad on the side.
    I looooove eating "low-carb"!
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,729 Member
    Options
    i'm lucky that i don't care for pizza, especially costco's. when i see it as i'm passing by, it looks so greasy.
  • Blacklance36
    Blacklance36 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Store bought or from a restaurant pizza is always high. However, Costco seems over the top. Thanks for the heads up.
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    Make your own. I make my own chicken and spinach alfredo pizza using part skim mozzarella, the Tyson diced grilled chicken, light alfredo, frozen spinach and the Boboli thin pizza crust and comes out to only about 250 calories a slice.
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    And you know what that means? I get to eat more! Woot!
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    The Costco pizza slices are so high in calories because a 'slice' is actually like 1/6 of an extra-large pizza. My teen and I split a 'slice' and both are full. If you want pizza but don't want the rest of the pizza in the house for future meals, it's actually a great choice. Get the cheese one if the pepperoni one is too greasy for you. :laugh:
  • cmhodge08
    Options
    That's how I gained my weight... underestimating the tons of calories packed in reasonable portions when going out to eat. Great post! Thanks for the reminder!
  • connorsdad07
    Options
    Walmart has a good THINK CRUST (we all know most of the calories are from the crust) Buffalo chicken pizza that's good!
  • snikkins
    snikkins Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    That's how I gained my weight... underestimating the tons of calories packed in reasonable portions when going out to eat. Great post! Thanks for the reminder!

I don't want you to think that I'm picking on you, so please don't, but I'm unsure how anyone would look at a Costco Food Court slice of pizza and think it was a reasonable sized portion, but perhaps this is part of the problem.

That being said, if you want the pizza, have the pizza. Realistically, 800 calories for one meal isn't going to mess up your entire day unless you're not eating enough overall for the day. Plan, log, and eat what you want!
  • cmhodge08
    Options
    I've never seen a slice of Costco pizza, but yes I'd definitely think that one slice is better than half a pizza and think it is ok, but then be shocked that it's 800 cal.
  • WalkingAlong
    Options
    http://slice.seriouseats.com/archives/2011/01/pizza-at-the-costco-food-court-review.html

See some pics of a 'slice'. It's 1/6 of an 18" pizza. I don't think it's 800 calories, either. Multiple entries here show it as 640-680 or half that for an actual slice (1/12 of the pizza, not 1/6th-- the double slice). So at 300-350 a slice it's actually lower cal than a Pizza Hut large pan pepperoni slice, I think, and their 'large' is 14", not 18".
  • WalkingAlong
    Options
    Actually, I think the Costco pizza is kind of a calorie bargain. My daughter frequently likes to stop at Culvers after Costco and guess how much the little side order of cheese curds is, in calories? 612 calories! That's like the same as the double slice of pizza.

http://www.culvers.com/menu-and-nutrition/sides/menu-item-details/wisconsin-cheese-curds/
  • connorsdad07
    Options
    I like the Walmart thin crust buffalo chicken and philly steak pizzas
  • jayjrf
    jayjrf Posts: 25
    Options
    Just do home made next time.