Date ideas that don't revolve around food?

Options
Sick of the "let's go out for dinner" dates!

Replies

• FlabFighter86
    FlabFighter86 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Bowling? Ice skating? Walk along the beach if you have one. Hillwalking. Visit to the museum.

That's just off the top of my head.
  • Phaedra2014
    Phaedra2014 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    Go for a walk?

A jog?

A swim?

The museum?

An art gallery?

A show?

A movie without the popcorn?

Sit around and talk?

Coffee? Tea?

Take a cooking class at Wholefoods?

It depends on what your interests are. Just make them known and do something more interesting that out to dinner. I find dinner dates really boring.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    i hate dinner dates, so lazy. plus it usually leads to guys complaining about how much $$ theyneed to spend on dates but it's like if they spend mre time thinking and less time being lazy about dates then they dont have to spend a lot of $$ on dates.

here are some ideas that guys have done with me

- bike tour
    - hiking (only if you feel comfortable with that person, i wouldnt recommend this for a first date :laugh: )
    - walking tour around a neighborhood to see architecture. if you live in a city with history this should be fairly easy to put together)
    - museum and galleries
    - concert
    - gym date
    - brewery or distillery tour (hey you said, no food, not no booze :tongue: )
    - volunteering (SPCA, habitat, food bank, etc)
    - hanging out in a park and having a picnic. i know this involves food, but it's also pretty fun because you can bring a bocce ball set, board games, etc
  • angel7472
    angel7472 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Mini golf
    go carts if you have them
    sports complex
    walk
    hike
    movies but detour the concession stand
    concert
    a play
    amusement park

just some suggestions
  • wiscck
    wiscck Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I went ice skating with a guy last night. Also, if you have any minor league teams around, those games can be a lot of fun and usually aren't very expensive.
  • Just_Scott
    Just_Scott Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    cow tipping, star gazing, theatre, gun range, workout(oh how MFP influences), go for a run, a walk, a swim in a pond.....
  • mjoshua87
    Options
    rock climbing? mini golf? shooting range walks in the park or beach i think are underestimated!
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    ^^^^be nice to farmers.
  • laceyfowler
    laceyfowler Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    indoor rock climbing?

couples massage class?

ooooh... you know what else couples can do that's fun and burns calories? Light some candles and... you know.. have deep conversation or something :-)
  • kewpiecyster
    kewpiecyster Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Mini-golf is one of my favorite dates! I also have an arcade near me that you can play all day for $5. It is the coolest little arcade with all retro games - and tons of pinball!
  • Just_Scott
    Options
    ^^^^be nice to farmers.

For the record, I am not infavor of cow tipping it is meant as a..wait for it...joke. And being nice to farmers is NOT a date :P
  • Jkowals123
    Jkowals123 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Wine bar- just have one glass and add it to MFP calories
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Sex toy store visit.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    Lunch...it's not dinner.
  • laceyfowler
    laceyfowler Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    ^^^^be nice to farmers.

For the record, I am not infavor of cow tipping it is meant as a..wait for it...joke. And being nice to farmers is NOT a date :P

Being nice to farmers Could be a date... especially if you date a farmer :-)
  • Just_Scott
    Options
    ^^^^be nice to farmers.

Being nice to farmers Could be a date... especially if you date a farmer :-)

True, and they are busy helping those poor cows up....seriously, yes I suppose this could be considered a date if we stretch it.......mooooving on....
  • LovePBandJ
    LovePBandJ Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    can cows really be tipped?

hey, I just don't know. I'm not from that part of the country

BTW,

EXCELLENT ideas here!
  • mammamaurer
    mammamaurer Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    zoo's are fun
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    Farmer's Market or any other little local markets y'all might have. Ditto for antique malls, but you'd have to know your date was interested at all in that sort of thing. Talking about all the stuff you see and just strolling is good fun.
  • alff123
    Options
    Hahaa, the cowtipping suggestion is an idea and a half !!

The zoo, day trip to countryside/city, squash, badminton, dog walk .. ;D