What motivates you?

Options
I've been asked this and have asked many people the same question. What motivates you?

My answer is usually that I'm doing it because I have 2 young daughters and I want to be able to chase them around and be an active Dad. That is true, however, another take on that is that I want to be their hero or just anybodies hero. You know when you're watching an action movie and some regular looking guy saves the day by like climbing a mountain, kills a terrorist, and then fights an enraged dinosaur to save the day? Yeah, I want to be that dude. (not the first slow, old fat guy that gets killed)

Who knows, really?

Replies

• jenny181111
    jenny181111 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    lol you funny guy :) I motivate me, I'm sure my kids help with this too, wanting to see them grow up, and see grandkids, as this is what my mum, and her mum missed out on. It seems like the women in the family don't last very long. I want to grow old and happy :)
  • donnat238
    donnat238 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I want to become more active and be comfortable in my own skin. I dream of travelling to different countries and locations, but my weight has always held me back. I was too self conscious about my weight and my lack of body strength/activity. On the plus side my weight loss has made me healthier (off several medications) and I'm planning a trip to Australia next year.:smile:
  • BeefyBFit
    BeefyBFit Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Today at the gym I was motivated by the 70 year old lady on the treadmill next to me & the chick with the nice *kitten* on elliptical in front of me....true story. ????
  • Ainar
    Ainar Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Feeling better. Looking better. And yea, I suppose I got a superhero thing going too haha. I don't have anybody to be hero for tho. But it feels good to know that you are physically capable of doing things that average guy who works out just for looks not performance can't. And I wonder how far I can go and I am actually excited when I think about that what gives me motivation.
  • twixlepennie
    twixlepennie Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    Seeing my grandma dying from her type 2 diabetes and knowing I was heading there is my motivation. I no longer have glucose numbers in the pre-diabetic range and I plan on keeping it that way.
  • wifeandmotherof2
    wifeandmotherof2 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I want to teach healthy habits to my kids and lead by example, I also want to have more kids and I know if I lost weight that would become possible again.
    I want to be comfortable in my own skin, do fun things with my kids without having to worry about weather or not I'll fit in the seat!
    I also want to be sexy for my sexy man, he thinks I'm sexy no matter what!
    And that's what motivates me to never give up!
  • bobbijodmb
    bobbijodmb Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Challenge motivates me =) I didn't think I could do this and the more I change, the more I want to see whats possible.

I am loving this journey =)
  • maryjay52
    maryjay52 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    my grandkids are toddlers and very very active and my daughter works out all the time . i love them all to pieces and want to be in their lives for a very long time. At 53 my life is over half over with and so i want to make the best of the years to come. I am also a nurse who has worked in nursing homes for 20 years and I seen what happens when you do not take care of yourself..that will not be me. Also i am happiest when I am in full blown work out mode and healthy
  • missbp
    missbp Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    My deep and meaningful answer is to set a good example for my children. My shallow, but still very truthful answer is . . . cute clothes.

Whatever it takes right?!?!
  • _TastySnoBalls_
    _TastySnoBalls_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    being fat motivates me
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    Bumps to see what others answer.

Motivation is presently my problem.
  • sarafischbach9
    sarafischbach9 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Looking and feeling better. I've been on this since after Christmas and I already feel better and lighter. I also have more energy since I have began my routine. It feels nice to be able to exercise and move around after not doing it so much for 2 years. I became so busy and distracted with all the commuting, schooling and working. It is easy to get distracted.

What motivates me? The fact that I will be able to lose what I gained over the last year. It was only 10 lbs, but still enough to make me feel bad. I want to live healthfully!
  • JamieG8991
    JamieG8991 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    My sons, 24 & 22 are my biggest motivation. They have been trying to get me to take better care of myself and now that I am, they have said that they are so proud of me. Another motivation is my two sisters, my youngest was recently diagnosed as diabetic and my older sister had a heart attack last summer.
  • thedestar
    thedestar Posts: 1,278 Member
    Options
    My kids motivate me! I want to be a good role model for them in every way I can. And..... When I'm feeling particularly sluggish the clothes on Pinterest pick me up. I want to be able to dress cute, too!
  • CompressedCarbon
    CompressedCarbon Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    My amazing list o' friends motivates me. Several have gone through and continue to go through hard times, much harder than anything I think I might struggle with, and yet they don't give up. I couldn't bear the thought of letting them down or giving up.

And also because I'd like to be as awesome as they are.
  • runnermom419
    runnermom419 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    These two cuties

094.jpg

Oh, and zombies. I don't want to be bitten.
  • GingerLolita
    GingerLolita Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I just want to be and feel healthy :) I used to only care about being thin, but now I'm really focused on my health instead and I'm learning to accept my body.
  • BeefyBFit
    BeefyBFit Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I just want to be and feel healthy :) I used to only care about being thin, but now I'm really focused on my health instead and I'm learning to accept my body.

That's awesome and that's what it's all about.
  • walkinthedogs
    walkinthedogs Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    One of my biggest motivators is how poorly my parents aged. :frown: I want be strong, healthy and active, for my child and for me, until the day I die and I hope that's a long time from now.
  • carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    The great feeling I get from a good hard workout is what motivates me.

Also I am 40 with a 4 year old so I have no choice but to be as healthy as I can be to stick around for a long time