I'm a newbie.

Options
Yesterday, while bored on my lunch break and frustrated with my lack of weightloss, I came to a conclusion. 'I must not be eating as healthy as I think I am.' I've been tirelessly working my butt off at the gym and the numbers on that darn scale left something to be desired. For some reason, I never really kept track of calories consumed. Perhaps out of laziness. I always knew what I was eating was healthy so I didn't quite see the reasoning to it. Well with working my butt off for months and just a few pounds lost to show for it, I was fed up! So with a quick little google search I found this gem of a site. Keeping track of what I eat has never been so easy. It's actually, dare I say..fun. I never knew just how much all these calories add up. Reading the posts on here have been inspirational and I'm glad to know I am not alone in my crusade. So, in short, Hello. =)

Replies

• jhandley
    jhandley Posts: 118
    Options
    Welcome the MFP family is glad to have you! :-)
  • HazelDiva1913
    HazelDiva1913 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    WELCOME you will love
  • jhandley
    jhandley Posts: 118
    Options
    I typically log on in the morning and log everything I'm planning on eating through out the day, then I'll see something and be like eeeeehhhhh, maybe i can cut that out! lol

I'm now addicted to the site I must admit!
  • cmw9696
    cmw9696 Posts: 123
    Options
    welcome! I too thought I was eating pretty well. Once I actually started this site and started counting ALL my calories, I found I was seriously wrong!
    Now, I find I am more addicted to this site than facebook. But of course, I wouldn't put stuff like this on facebook either...
  • Swan05
    Options
    I too am a newbie I have been doing this for a few days and still trying to get the hang of all this and will be fighting to lose the weight. I have tried many different programs and have stopped. I need someone that can give me a push and I feel that I can get it here.
  • lfondots
    lfondots Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Yep. I'm addicted too. LOL. I actually try to plan out meals a day ahead so there is no guess work involved. I'm also doing the adding in and going 'EEEK' too many calories and quickly taking it off what I will eat during the day. LOL. I even plan what I'm going to eat at a resturant when going out with friends so it is in my calorie counts. Good luck and have fun!
  • tpycha126
    tpycha126 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I have to say this a great site. It really is an eye opener when you see how many calories you are consuming. I always thought that I hate pretty well but when I started MFP i truly realized how much I was actually eating. This is my new favorite site. It has pushed Facebook outta the top spot.
    You will be able to acheive so much by using this tool. Good Luck!
  • Holdenke
    Options
    I'm a newbie too. I totally agree that I eat alot of the right foods, yet I hate to count the calories. So I never know how much I am really eating. Today I have counted my calories thru lunch and Yikes! I hope I can stay under 1200 for the day. But this is a cool website and it's FREE! Good luck to all of us.