Phase 1 completed 3 weeks early. Pics included.

Options
I started my journey on the second week of Sept 2013 (9/9/13) at 230 lbs with about 31% body fat. I'm 6'1". I decided to get off my behind and start being more active and exercise. The first 3 weeks I got on an elliptical machine 6/week for no more than 20 mins at a time. When I felt like I could do calisthenics I went ahead a found a great 16 week program that incorporates calisthenics with resistance bands, stability ball, some weights, and some ingenuity. (Pull ups done on a door with a towel so I can slide up and down). Well I had to re-do week one of the program because I could not completely finish the exercises properly. For instance, I had to finish the push ups on knees. Fast forward to week 8 and I found Myfitnesspal.com and started logging calories in and out. In the same week I started doing IF (intermittent fasting). I found it extremely helpful having a 4 hour eating window to control my caloric intake and found out I perform better on a fasted state. By week 11 I started incorporating 36 hr fasts while still keeping my caloric intake for the week on target. Week 17 ended Saturday 1/4/14 and my first goal to drop down to 180 lbs has been achieved at 16.4% bf, (181 to be exact, but I'm too excited and wanted to call it complete knowing that 1 lb can easily be eliminated as water). I had the goal set for January 25, 2014. So I reached it 3 weeks ahead of schedule. I have personal weekly VLOGS of my progress, but I just took the week 1 and week 17 snapshots to show you the progress made so far. Phase 2 will commence immediately on January 6, 2014. I have my eyes set on 169 lbs to put me at 12% BF.

Front.jpg
Side.jpg
Back.jpg
ArmFlexing.jpg
Face.jpg

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!