Fitbit versus Jawbone Up

Options
Looking at both and trying to decide which is better. I'm looking for user reviews and opinions on which might be better. I'm new to MFP and to these fitness trackers. Appreciate the feedback!

Replies

• SkinnyDR
    SkinnyDR Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I personally like Fitbit, the dashboard on fitbit.com is user-friendly plus fitbit syncs with MyFitnesspal. Whatever calories you burned, it syncs with your calories burned in MyFitnessPal.

I never tried Jawbone, I have the Fitbit Flex.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    When I looked at both I read a lot of reviews on amazon that the Jawbone has all kinds of problems and the customer service when it breaks is terrible. I ended up choosing the fitbit one. I also prefer that the fitbit one it can be inside my bra- but that probably isn't the case for you- I didn't want to wear the bracelet all the time- but fitbit does have a wrist model if you want that.

BUT, the fitbit only syncs with a select group of phones (though you can always sync with your computer) and I THINK jawbone syncs with a lot more phones. Here's the fitbit phone list:
    http://www.fitbit.com/devices

Fitbit, so far, is surprisingly accurate and I like it a lot, especially the sleep tracking feature.
  • Commitment2014
    Options
    Hi!

I'm also torn between the two. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks!
  • dukesduchess350
    dukesduchess350 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I have two fitbits and I love both of them. I started off with the zip and then upgraded to the one since it has a couple more functions then the zip. I really like their dashboard. As a previous poster said its very easy to use and you can sync them to MFP.
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    I started with the Flex in July....& over 500 miles later....I bought the Force in November as I wanted the instant stats on my wrist and missed not being able to wear a watch (I wear it on my non dom wrist). Love the dashboard and I do have a phone that it syncs with..I find it very motivating and I'm a total recliner potato or I was till I got the gizmo.