Love yourself!!!

Options
I feel compelled to write a blog about how skinny I used to be and why I still think I’m beautiful.

When I was in junior high and high school I was super thin and NEVER had to watch what I ate. My weight was probably a buck-twenty, if that! I rarely exercised and I never put too much thought into my weight. When I was about 23 years old I started to gain weight. Mostly in my *kitten* and thigh area, of course! In my mind I thought that I would never need to start exercising. I continued throughout my life to eat and drink whatever I wanted without thinking of the consequences. I’ve enjoyed lots of dinners with savory flavors and a good glass (or two or three) of white wine. My life is truly a blessed one and I feel fortunate to have had and experience all that I’ve done so far. No regrets!!

With that said, I am saddened by society’s grip on what a beautiful woman should “look” like. We have disgraced ourselves with supermodels and perfect faces. Yes, I agree that these women are nice to look at but setting our own bars to fit these standards is not reality. In reality, most of the women I’ve come to know and love are average/frumpy/happy girls! I wish we could all learn to accept our own bodies and spirits for who we are and not belittle ourselves along the way. Even if I do have a big *kitten* and a pudgy stomach or if my sister has stretch marks from the beautiful children she gave life to. I want us to love one another and be at peace.

Replies

• bamagary
    Options
    This post was not what I thought it would be about :laugh:
  • tena_01
    Options
    Lol!! :) Well, I hope that when you read it you thought to yourself, "I love me!!!!"
  • Kathy1966
    Kathy1966 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    You are a beautiful women! But the big thing is we have to be happy with ourselfs. You know from the inside out! Wanting to be health is a very good thing!
  • reneelee
    reneelee Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    Amen, great article actept super models are not very super imo way to skinny.