Tired of hearing the whole foods advice

Options
13»

Replies

• vonnegut2767
    Options
    You can bad-mouth my children, you can be-little my wife and you can insult my parents, but don't you ever.....ever.....EVER make a snide comment about my free range corn husks again. Consider yourself warned.....
  • sunlover67
    sunlover67 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    :laugh: Omg, I'm ROTFL with the corn husk post.
    I agree with everyone, moderation is the key. I eat "clean" probably 80% of the time, but I do it b/c I FEEL better. If I fall off the clean wagon, so to speak, for a length of time I can tell immediately in my energy level, etc.
    I like to hear all kinds of different plans for a healthy lifestyle, but getting it shoved down your throat is a different thing. But I don't think people do that a lot on here do they?? Maybe a little. :ohwell:
  • lessertess
    lessertess Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I'm often amazed that I've lived as long as I have and remained healthy since eating is soooooooo bloody complicated:

Don't eat meat
    Eat nothing but meat
    Only eat turkey: everything else will kill you
    Eggs are a miracle food
    Eggs will kill you
    Sugar will kill you
    Artificial Sugar will kill you
    HFCS will kill you
    Salt will kill you
    Fat will kill you
    Refined/processed foods will kill you
    Mercury in fish will kill you
    Eating late at night will make you fat (and being fat will kill you)
    Eating grains will make you fat.
    Eating pasta and rice will make you fat
    Eating potatos will make you fat
    Eating fat will make you fat
    Eating carbohydrates will make you fat.
    Only rolled oats are healthy: all other derivatives will kill you.
    You must drink water every 15 minutes or you'll become dehydrated (and that will kill you)

You know, as a child I used to go for hours and hours on end with no water in sight and then, if we were thirsty we'd drink from the garden hose. And in college I survived on eggs, mac & cheese and ramon noodles. It's just a matter of sheer luck that I've survived. LOL

Your laptop computer will kill you.

RUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

So will my cell phone, the microwave, and the TV. I've come to the general conclusion that there's not much that won't kill me. And the few things that are healthy aren't much fun. So let's all raise a glass of tap water and toast to living life on the edge. LOL .