Anybody on here just starting and have a long way to go???

Options

Replies

• Ameerah12
    Options
    thewallflower I like your spirit that's the right mindset you go girl we are a support group for each we are going to look so Amazing lol keep that positive spirit
  • bolttsm
    bolttsm Posts: 10
    Options
    If I could tell you anything super helpful its EAT THE RAINBOW!!!!! I've been working on it myself. I got up to 250lbs in 2011. In 2012, I got completely into my health working out every day. Belly dancing. Zumba. Biggest loser work out tapes. Spending hours at the gym!!! I got sick which left me feeling quite sluggish and then I just stopped going to the gym all the time.... right after being promoted I stopped all together. its been a hell of a year and I would love to keep talking swooping recipes and encouraging one another!!!
  • Ginabelle11
    Ginabelle11 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi.I guess you can say that I am starting over. My desired goal is to lose 50 pounds so I have a long way to go! I am preparing for this journey! :)
  • Ameerah12
    Options
    I love the energy people this is Awesome you guys Rock!!!!!!!!!!
  • chloehaleagh
    Options
    Hi! I'm Chloe and just joined today. I have about 80 lbs to lose to be at my healthy goal weight. I love how the gym makes me feel but I'm having a hard time getting myself there as much as I'd like to. I want to start going 3x/week. I have really bad eating habits which currently include not eating until late into the day and eating not much other than grilled cheese and fast food. I should be specific and mention that I'm 22 y.o, I'm 5'11 and weigh about 260. I think what I need the most is some people to keep me motivated and stay on track. My boyfriend is very supportive but very skinny so I almost feel self conscious trying to lean on him for help. So to conclude this novel, if anyone needs support I'd like to have some fitness buddies!
  • sassymc86
    sassymc86 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    If we want it enough we'll definitely succeed. Don't think I've ever been so confident I can do it.
    Thanks to everyone on here! :D
  • Ameerah12
    Options
    Chloehaleagh a helpful tip is maybe start counting calories so that way it wont become boring to u and u can still eat healthy and how you want you got this and remember any time you fall off your bandwagon you are not where you use to be so why go back
  • Ameerah12
    Options
    Sassymc86 you got support right behind you hun I know you got it in you keep up the great work you are going to be and look Amazing Congrats!!!!!!!!
  • valmaebel
    valmaebel Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I've just joined like about 30mins ago haha but I have been counting my calories in december I guess. I have yet to lose weight though cause on decemberbi didnt know that I was suppose to eat 1200 cal to lose em weight so I ate 1300-1500 calories. Now I need to refresh everything -.- haish im planning on losing 20pounds by April and its gonna be freaking tough considering that 1 200calories is too little for me. :(

How did you figure out the 1200 calories? Make sure you use either a BMR calculator or a TDEE. they are much better age determining what your body needs. If you eat too little or too much you will end up making it harder to lose weight.

Love how you all are talking about lifestyle change. People fall off the wagon because they look at it as a quick diet. Slow and steady wins the race!

Some tricks I've learned:
    -don't eat before bed! I hit a plateau for several weeks and the only thing I changed was not eating right before bed and I dropped pounds again.
    - allow yourself fun! The goal shouldn't be to eat the least amount possible, but to eat what you need. You still should enjoy life, have fun little splurges now and then, and find healthy alternatives that you enjoy. This is a chance to experiment! Try new things and see what you like!
    - Get active! Studies have shown that heavier people who are active are healthier then thin people who aren't. So weight isn't everything when it comes to your health!

Good luck you guys!
  • valmaebel
    valmaebel Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Chloe and just joined today. I have about 80 lbs to lose to be at my healthy goal weight. I love how the gym makes me feel but I'm having a hard time getting myself there as much as I'd like to. I want to start going 3x/week. I have really bad eating habits which currently include not eating until late into the day and eating not much other than grilled cheese and fast food. I should be specific and mention that I'm 22 y.o, I'm 5'11 and weigh about 260. I think what I need the most is some people to keep me motivated and stay on track. My boyfriend is very supportive but very skinny so I almost feel self conscious trying to lean on him for help. So to conclude this novel, if anyone needs support I'd like to have some fitness buddies!

Yay! A tall girl! I'm 5'11" as well, and my husband is very skinny and athletic. It can be daunting! One trick for the gym is to pack your stuff up the night before. I find it easier to get myself out the door if I had already spent all the time assembling my gear the night before. Don't want that time to be a wast. ;)

Good luck!
  • andreaamak
    andreaamak Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm starting over again! Lost 60lbs a couple years ago but gained most of it back after having my twins! I'm aiming for around 80 this time but we shall see... add me as a friend!
  • Ameerah12
    Options
    If you guys have any tips for us feel free to share them or just need encouragement don't be shy that's what we are here for
  • kellyskitties
    kellyskitties Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I'm not starting over - I've been here since last summer, but if you guys want a go to person - I can help motivate sometimes and trouble shoot. I'm going slow and flexible on my plan. No rush, no all out, no perfectionism. and it's working well.

I started by just logging and then next made adjustments. I hit a wall, and adjusted to maintenance calories instead of quitting (cause a friend on here told me to try that before I quit). Did that for about a month, and then I was ready to go again. Don't expect perfection, just try for progress.

My profile has my diet philosophy on it if you care to read it. Friend me if you want to. Message me when you need me.
  • Sweetvibez
    Sweetvibez Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey y'all!!! I'm new to this too & super excited!!! I've had the app for months & just started using it- I'm addicted!! Guess I finally found the motivation.
    I'm initially looking to lose 60lbs with an over all goal of 100. I'm prepping for an island wedding (aka- I gotta look & Feel good in a bathing suit!!)
    Please add me!! Is much more fun with a friend :-)
  • djxil
    djxil Posts: 357
    Options
    It really is all about the journey and the commitment you make to yourself. Friends can help, and we will, but ultimately, we have to look in the mirror and be accountable. I am all in.
  • mochiminty
    Options
    Hi, I just also started today. My goal is to lose 10 pounds more and to get a toned body (because I'm skinny fat). I have a hard time eating around 1200 calories because I eat less than that almost everyday. My plan for this year is to eat more and exercise though I need some ideas on foods I should eat and how calorie deficit works.

It's good to be motivated by this community. Let's all work towards our goals :)
  • XxDigitalxxPainxX
    Options
    Ameerah12- Nice to meet you, and everyone else as well. :)

This is NOT my first time 'round here on MFP. HOWEVER!!! It IS a new beginning. I think I've attempted this 2 other times and failed miserably. But this is an ALL new start for me due to recent changes in my life. One of those changes was me quitting smoking. It'll be a month on January 8th since I last had a cigarette. I figured having smoked since I was 14 (and I'm 32 now) and being able to quit cold turkey, I can surely pull THIS off finally!

I'm starting a new life pretty much, new additions to my family, possible marriage in the future (pending a divorce), a new outlook on life, and a positive attitude towards putting my best foot forward! I'm currently on a 1200 calorie a day diet. I'm 3 lbs. down and I've got 67 lbs. to go! I'm more than happy to add y'all on, and I'm great at supporting! We got this y'all! ......*high fives all 'round*......
  • florentinovillaro
    florentinovillaro Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I'm down 16 and have 120 more to go. I can see it happening too.
  • ataylor3690
    ataylor3690 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey I am reaffirming today and I need to lose at least 20-30 pounds so I have a ways to go too. In North Carolina with all this southern food so I will need lots of friends and motivation to stay on track. I am seeking a healthier me for my grandchildren sake.
  • XxDigitalxxPainxX
    Options
    ataylor3690- Ah yes, southern food. <3 Thine sworn enemy! lol Join me, I got your back! ;)