Chronic Fatigue

Options
How do you force yourself to exercise when you feel tired all the time? I wake up everyday feeling like I just pulled an all-nighter, and even taking a shower has become a huge hassle. I'm not sure what to do.

Replies

• _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Are you eating enough? Are you getting enough sleep?
  • avocadoshaped
    avocadoshaped Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Make sure you are well hydrated, sleeping well enough, and see a doc if it lasts too long. There are a billion reasons why you would have that run over by a truck feeling, from garden variety depression, Thyroid problems, a whole host of things. It could even be mono. If you gave up caffeine for the new year the withdrawal is not much fun.

Keep up with the self care, plenty of water, eat enough and try to keep moving.

Oh and I see you are vegan, make sure you are eating your dark leafies for iron. Iron deficiency can give you some of the symptoms you describe.
  • PhoenixStrikes
    PhoenixStrikes Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    I wonder if you're eating enough to sustain your diet? Some times people start out thinking they need to eat the least amount of calories and work out the hardest in order to lose weight. Keep your macros in mind and make sure you're eating enough protein and fat through out the day. Good luck.
  • Dawson_4
    Options
    Are you on a good multivitamin to ensure your getting the right nutrients that you may not be getting in your diet because you could be deficient in something. Maybe something cheap like ZMA (Zinc-Magnesium-Aspartate[B6]) you could take before bed to help get a more deep restful sleep. Coffee/tea or other caffeine containing products you could also take in the morning for a little pick me up or if you don't like synthetic sources of energy you could try ginkgo biloba or ginseng which are mild natural energy boosters.