high fibre low in sugar food recommendations?

Options
Hi folks - I am wondering if anyone can help me list fruits, vegetables or any other food which are high in fibre but low in sugar.

I have so far
-Broccoli (raw or lightly steamed)
-Rasperry (raw)
-Spinach (raw)
-Beans (cooked no sugar)

Replies

• fruttibiscotti
    fruttibiscotti Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Typically, leafy greens and vegetables "above ground" are low in sugar, like asparagus, kale, Brussels sprouts, cabbage, etc. probably the "winner" in the low sugar high fiber category is avocado?
  • sydneybeachgirl
    Options
    yep I have avocado :)

I eat about 1 every week - but I am told today that I still dont have enough fibre in my system.....which is bloody annoying as I already eat spinach every day, berries (in season) , wholegrain bread (1 slice every day) brown rice, nuts and plenty of fruit (banana, melon, whatever in the season).....still..."not enough" I was told....
  • oneday987
    oneday987 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hi sydneybeachgi,

I know you are asking for high fibre, low sugar recommendations - I found this on the net which I think should help you. It lists the low, medium and high carb content - you should be able to work out the sugar content by reading the lists - hope it helps? :)

Here is the link http://lowcarbediem.com/atkins-low-carb-fruit-vegetable-list/

Regards
  • fruttibiscotti
    Options
    Hi sydneybeachgi,

I know you are asking for high fibre, low sugar recommendations - I found this on the net which I think should help you. It lists the low, medium and high carb content - you should be able to work out the sugar content by reading the lists - hope it helps? :)

Here is the link http://lowcarbediem.com/atkins-low-carb-fruit-vegetable-list/

Regards

Nice list!
  • Dawson_4
    Options
    Quest bars give you about 17g fibre per bar. They're an all natural protein/fibre bar with some pretty good tasting flavours to!
  • fruttibiscotti
    Options
    Quest bars give you about 17g fibre per bar. They're an all natural protein/fibre bar with some pretty good tasting flavours to!

Natural? It's a bar. Or is it the fruit of the quest tree?
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    avocado.

1 avocado will give you 15 g of fiber
  • thistimewillbedifferent
    Options
    chia seeds

oats
  • Dawson_4
    Options
    Ya, a bar with all natural ingredients smart *kitten*. Lol sick profile pic, good progress.. From what I can see...
  • EvaStrange
    EvaStrange Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Add a teaspoon of ground flax seeds to your oatmeal and you have two fiber-rich foods in one meal!