i think there should be a National No Makeup Day

Options

Replies

• WuTanquerayClan
    Options
    No make up day is usually accompanied by no shower day in my house and usually only happens when I'm too sick to get out of bed.

My question to the OP is WHY? Have you spent too much time with overly made up women lately? :laugh:

Haha not exactly. I was having a discussion about makeup with a female friend. That is all
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    The highschool I teach at tried to have a no makeup/real hair day. Didn't work.
  • mjones6599
    Options
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Make-up on my friends....
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    I don't get why everyone says they don't wear it because they would rather sleep... it takes me five minutes to do my face in the morning. FIVE. what in the hell are you guys doing that is taking so long?
  • lindseym1983
    Options
    That would be most days for me, I do use a self tanner or tan though to give me that glow and help hide some of my flaws. Is that cheating?! :) My husband would rather see me any day with no makeup then the women that wear 5 lbs of it where you can't even see their face.
  • Mother_Superior
    Mother_Superior Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options
    giphy.gif
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    I work from home so pretty much everyday is a no make up day for me. After years of working at Sephora, it's nice to not have to wear a full face all the time. But I still enjoy it. Oh, but we could still do our skincare routines right? I don't know if I could go a day with out my lotion!
  • Albagal
    Albagal Posts: 11
    Options
    In but staying in!
  • SusanL222
    SusanL222 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    OP: I encourage you to go without make-up, with or without a National Day dedicated to it......it's liberating!! :wink: :wink:
  • CharityGC
    CharityGC Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I like wearing makeup but I don't wear a lot and it takes me about five minutes to put it on unless I'm going all out for something fancy. Heck, beautiful models and celebrities generally look better with a little concealer and mascara so I'm positive it's only a plus for me who is far from either of those things.
  • lunglady
    lunglady Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Every day is no make-up day for me. :-)
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    totally in!
  • nickowastaken
    nickowastaken Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Every day is a no makeup day for me too (well, ever since I stopped wearing the guyliner)...
  • pinkstp
    pinkstp Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I call that "the weekend" ;)
  • WuTanquerayClan
    Options
    OP: I encourage you to go without make-up, with or without a National Day dedicated to it......it's liberating!! :wink: :wink:

Giiiiirl, I can't go outside without putting on mah face!! Ain't nobody got time fo that.
  • djxil
    djxil Posts: 357
    Options
    I keep reassuring my daughter how naturally beautiful she is and being a freshman, you can imagine. She is wicked smart, able to handle herself and full of confidence. She wears a little make up, certainly not as much as some of the girls at her school. I am really proud of her.

As for make up in general, being a guy and only wearing make up to a Rocky Horror Picture Show, once, if you makes you feel good, wear it but do it for you, not us rockhounds.

Do it for you.
  • heykatieben
    heykatieben Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    it's every day. :) if you don't want to wear makeup, don't! soooo worth it to me to have that extra time and money :)
  • snsmyth
    snsmyth Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I hardly ever wear makeup. I stopped years ago when I started grooming dogs. Every little fluffy hair sticks to your face when it's made up. Yuck. Now I'm used to my natural face.
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    everyday is no makeup day for me!
  • Blacklance36
    Blacklance36 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Its like shaving.
    I dont do that every day and I dont think my girlfriend should have to wear makeup every day either.