those wanting to shed 5-20 lbs

Options
2»

Replies

• DjinnMarie
    DjinnMarie Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 24, 5'1, and 132lbs. Last year, I lost 10lbs with running (and not eating too healthy) but gained almost all of it back when I moved to a new city and started working two jobs. Now that I am not working two jobs, I want to eat healthy and exercise again. My goal weight 115-110lbs thats when I felt the healthiest. I am nursing a running injury so I won't be able to run again for another 2 weeks and I am also on a very tight budget as far as food and gym is concerned. I do have access to a treadmill, elliptical trainer, and a few weights. Any ideas on excerises I can do that isn't running as well as inexpensive clean eating meals?

kettlebell swings are excellent and easy on the joints.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_XjJjLc7NE
  • kaynagel
    kaynagel Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I thought 2013 would be the year to lose the last lbs. 5'4" got to 124. Now back to 135. Stress and too much dessert has been my downfall. love turning the calendar as it is a great time to restart and refocus. so now 2014 is my year to lose the last lbs and get to maintenance. what a lovely word "maintenance".
  • Cat232013
    Cat232013 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Pretty similar to a lot of you. I'm 5' 3 and at 130 lbs (I was 126 before Christmas oops), female and 23 years old. I'd like to get to 115-120 depending on how I feel when I get to that stage.

Quick question though - how many net calories is working for you guys? My BMR is 1339 and TDEE is 1607 so if I go by the TDEE-20% method it calculates 1286. I keep seeing info about never ever eating below your BMR but would this be different because I'm short and pretty close to my goal comparatively? MFP also suggested 1200 but I customised that up to 1300.

Any input would be great thanks!
  • sugarfoot928
    Options
    Hi! I'm 24, 5'1, and 132lbs. Last year, I lost 10lbs with running (and not eating too healthy) but gained almost all of it back when I moved to a new city and started working two jobs. Now that I am not working two jobs, I want to eat healthy and exercise again. My goal weight 115-110lbs thats when I felt the healthiest. I am nursing a running injury so I won't be able to run again for another 2 weeks and I am also on a very tight budget as far as food and gym is concerned. I do have access to a treadmill, elliptical trainer, and a few weights. Any ideas on excerises I can do that isn't running as well as inexpensive clean eating meals?

kettlebell swings are excellent and easy on the joints.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_XjJjLc7NE

Thanks
  • MythicOil90
    Options
    I want to lose 9lbs to bring me to 8st 6lbs (5'5). The problem is, the slimmer you are the harder it is! I'm just eating 1500-1600 calories per day and exercising, including strength workouts.
  • widebride
    Options
    I'm trying to lose around 15-20lbs depending mostly on how I look- I don't really have a set weight goal. I'm incorporating strength training and cardio and eating about 1600-1800 calories a day
  • sgrmag99
    sgrmag99 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    KAGEVF:
    Hi. I see you post and am curious if your support/guidance is free. I could use an at-home program to get back into working out.
    I'm going to Daytona 500 in 45 days and want to do my best to look better than I do today.
  • Frmvt
    Frmvt Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am looking to shed 25, but would be thrilled with 10 at this point! I am only 5' so 10 extra pounds looks like 50. Am 51 which does not help matters, but am determined not to let it deter me.
  • musikalmami237
    musikalmami237 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Hi! I have about 15-20 pounds left to go. Anyone feel free to add me :)
  • monbot
    monbot Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat as most. I was 53kg before Christmas, now 55kg (oops) and hoping to get to around 50kg.

I run and do JM type work outs. Goals this year are to increase the running distance and work on strength.

Feel free to add, I'm always looking for motivators! Haha.
  • Frmvt
    Frmvt Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have a treadmill also and have decided to tape my favorite shows and only allow myself to watch them while I'm on the treadmill. It gets me on when I wouldn't otherwise do it. I also love workout DVDs. It's a nice way to switch things up when I don't want to walk. Yoga or Pilates are my favorites. Good luck to you.
  • DJ478
    DJ478 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    I'm 23 yrs old 5'3.5 and I'm 155 I jut completed insanity with a good weight loss of 12lbs and 2-3in all around but after having my first baby last spring I'm currently trying to get back down my gw is 140 I'm 15lbs away and still have body fat too lose especially since its all in the stomach area if anyone ha suggestions I'm all ears lol I'm looking for home workouts as I'm a stay at home mom and meal planning I can add depending on suggestions idc abt and but I do want a flat stomach without flab or pouch
  • Tealbutterfly913
    Tealbutterfly913 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I'm 34 5ft 3in 120. I'm a mom of 4 my youngest turned one in December. My doctor told me to hula hoop to help get my abs back in shape. Any one can feel free to add me. :)
  • wilsoje74
    wilsoje74 Posts: 1,720 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to lose 15 lbs. It's not easy. I'm doing the 1200 calorie diet. I'm doing 30 min. of yoga a day too. With the weather being horrible where I live, I can't walk or run outside. I have a treadmill but it's so boring. I need a jumpstart. Any ideas?

As long as it's above 0 I run outside. Granted, this year has been SO cold but I ran outside Friday. If you dress right, you can run in almost any weather!