End the Cleavage Hypocrisy!

Options
So, I'm sitting around watching the NFL playoffs and scanning the forums. I came across one where a woman was upset because she was getting an "abnormal amount" of attention. Guys were making rude comments and asking for friend requests because she is busty and shows a lot of cleavage in her posts. I then looked at her profile. ALL of her pics showed off her ample chest. In a few pics, she was bending forward accentuating the view. Give me a damn break, women!

My point is this: If you don't want men looking at your cleavage, cover up! There are tops without plunging neck lines, you know? I'm sick of women showing the shape they were given, and then *****ing about comments they receive.

Women show cleavage for attention, plain and simple. If you are posting in a public forum, you will get viewed by men. Stop pretending you are unaware, or, worse, that you are shocked when you get comments you find rude. Guys can be horndogs, no doubt, but don't pretend to be offended when you are obviously seeking attention. Wear a damn tee shirt and you solve the problem!

Replies

• Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    Apparently that woman WASN'T getting enough attention, because she had to post about how much attention she was getting which would of course just elicit more attention.

Get ready for all the indignant women who will deny that they're showing their boobs to get attention.
  • Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I try and show my cleavage all the time... but nobody notices :sad:
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    What's wrong with enjoying the view without making a jerk comment? Internet is a great way to stare and not be considered a jerk --- unless you open your mouth and say something incredibly stupid. Don't know ANYONE doing that around here.
  • PhoenixStrikes
    PhoenixStrikes Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Personally I'm getting real sick of guys looking me In the eyes all the time. I have great boobs dangit! Give them some respect and take a gander.
  • shutyourpieholeandsquat
    Options
    So, I'm sitting around watching the NFL playoffs and scanning the forums. I came across one where a woman was upset because she was getting an "abnormal amount" of attention. Guys were making rude comments and asking for friend requests because she is busty and shows a lot of cleavage in her posts. I then looked at her profile. ALL of her pics showed off her ample chest. In a few pics, she was bending forward accentuating the view. Give me a damn break, women!

My point is this: If you don't want men looking at your cleavage, cover up! There are tops without plunging neck lines, you know? I'm sick of women showing the shape they were given, and then *****ing about comments they receive.

Women show cleavage for attention, plain and simple. If you are posting in a public forum, you will get viewed by men. Stop pretending you are unaware, or, worse, that you are shocked when you get comments you find rude. Guys can be horndogs, no doubt, but don't pretend to be offended when you are obviously seeking attention. Wear a damn tee shirt and you solve the problem!

HERE HERE! :drinker:

If I didn't want people to notice I wouldn't show it and I wouldn't wear a shirt that says "YAY CLEAVAGE"
  • msmonique46
    msmonique46 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I can't deny anything you have said. Hypocrisy indeed!!!
  • erulasse
    erulasse Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    This pisses me off.

High necked tops make me look like a big fat BLOCK, because there's nothing to break up the huge boobs. Also, 10% of cleavage on show on a woman with B cups, is not given a second thought... Yet 10% of a G cup... And youre a massive attention seeker. }

Excuse us if we don't want to walk around in damn turtle necks 24/7 but the majority of the time we'd like to feel like women rather than NUNS.
  • ayalowich
    ayalowich Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Good for you for saying this. Although I suspect you will get blasted and hear the infamous 'empowerment' argument.

But while you are at it, I share the same smile over women who wear shorts with writing on their back sides and then seem to be self conscious over people staring at it
  • ravenzwart
    ravenzwart Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I just want to say, that even covered up people make stupid comments about the size of breast.
    It seems that just having a bit more is enough for getting criticized by both men and women, people just like to judge
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    This should be good.
  • wiscck
    wiscck Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    It happens even if you don't show cleavage.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    for some of us, there's cleavage or boobage showing no mater what you wear, how you stand, etc.

and god forbid men not be rude in their comments. but i get what you're saying, they have no ability to control their behavior when faced with tig ole bitties.
  • obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options
    This pisses me off.

High necked tops make me look like a big fat BLOCK, because there's nothing to break up the huge boobs. Also, 10% of cleavage on show on a woman with B cups, is not given a second thought... Yet 10% of a G cup... And youre a massive attention seeker. }

Excuse us if we don't want to walk around in damn turtle necks 24/7 but the majority of the time we'd like to feel like women rather than NUNS.
    This, although I don't really have cleavage I don't think that those who should should have to cover up or deserve rude comments.
    That being said that doesn't apply to taking pictures of yourself in a position obviously trying to show them off, just to normal every day cleavage
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options
    What thread was it? I need bewbs to ogle.
  • CharityGC
    CharityGC Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    If you want to show your cleavage, show your cleavage. Any woman who is showing cleavage knows she may get some type of attention but I don't think that makes it OK for others to make rude comments.
  • tehboxingkitteh
    tehboxingkitteh Posts: 1,574 Member
    Options
    Have you ever shopped for women's clothing? Obviously not. I dress modestly, and I find it very hard to find a top that doesn't show off my breasts. Especially if you have a large chest, it's not so easy to disguise. Unless I wear a regular t-shirt. Which I try not to do often.

Also, why is this in the introduce yourself section?
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    Personally I'm getting real sick of guys looking me In the eyes all the time. I have great boobs dangit! Give them some respect and take a gander.

funny-suggestive-boobs-message-shirts-25.jpg
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    What thread was it? I need bewbs to ogle.
    yeah

we need a link
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    This pisses me off.

:laugh:

so true. summer time in a hot climate is apparently another time to seek attention. i mean, you're not wearing that tank top because it's 100 degrees outside with 80% humidity, it's because you want attention
  • serenity56
    serenity56 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Some people feel more secure showing more of their bodies on fitness sites like this. It ought to be a safe place where a person can be free of harassment, no matter what their body looks like or how much they feel comfortable showing. Nobody complains about dudes posting shirtless photos in workout shorts or swim trunks... women post photos in bikinis, or revealing work out clothes, in a forum that SHOULD be a safe place for such things, and they get criticized for being upset when people react immaturely and crudely?
This discussion has been closed.