Increasing Caloric Intake to lose weight

Options
Hi, I am 5'5" and currently 138. I have fluctuated back and forth from 130-138 for the past year or so. For a few years now i have been eating under 1300 calories a day other than a few slip ups here and there. I exercise 5-6 times a week from 45 minutes -1.5 hours a day. I know i am definitely supposed to be eating more especially with my activity, but whenever i increase my caloric intake my weight increases and i get self conscious and go back to 1200 calories. As of the 1/1/2014 i have been eating 1400-1600 calories a day and still exercising about an hour. But, now i feel somewhat bloated and i gained 4 pounds. How can i increase my calorie intake to a healthy range and then lose weight and get to 125-130. Have i messed up my metabolism because i have been eating so strictly for almost 3 years now?

Replies

• littlekitty3
    littlekitty3 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    First thing you should do is look at eatmore2weightless.com it has a lot of insightful info on what to expect (yes you will gain weight at first. For how long? Depends.)
    Second make sure your increases contain whole foods. The body probably needs it.
  • curlerlikeyou
    Options
    Bump - I'm very interested in this topic, too. Having a similar problem.