End the Cleavage Hypocrisy!

Options

Replies

• wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Yeah! How dare they complain about rude comments when they clearly enjoy their own sexual side!! They are asking for it, amirite?

Not victim blaming at all.
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Options
    I can walk down the street naked if i want to. Yes, you can look.

No, you can't make ANY comments. Can't touch me, can't assume things, can't be rude to me because i'm naked.

What are you? 5? Can't control your impulses? Let's all cover up all the time, because men are such weak people, we can't blame them for their actions when they see a little skin, right?
    Just curious here. . . is this comment also verboten? If yes, why? If no, then why are "ANY" comments about your choice of attire off-limits? What, specifically, gives you the right to censor another person's speech when it's about your choice of clothing and how you look wearing it?

Do you walk around commenting on what people wear? I don't and most people don't. What someone considers "inappropriate" is another person's "normal". A close up picture of boobs is not an invitation to be a creep. Okay, to be more specific, just because you wear a low cut blouse, doesn't mean you lose the right to complain about someone making you uncomfortable.
  • Sreneesa
    Sreneesa Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    This is going to be entertaining.

Ill sit back and enjoy. :devil:
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    I can walk down the street naked if i want to. Yes, you can look.

No, you can't make ANY comments. Can't touch me, can't assume things, can't be rude to me because i'm naked.

What are you? 5? Can't control your impulses? Let's all cover up all the time, because men are such weak people, we can't blame them for their actions when they see a little skin, right?
    Just curious here. . . is this comment also verboten? If yes, why? If no, then why are "ANY" comments about your choice of attire off-limits? What, specifically, gives you the right to censor another person's speech when it's about your choice of clothing and how you look wearing it?

I believe you answered your own question when you said it's about her choice of clothing. That's none of your business. Not at all.
    So it's not ever, under any circumstances, okay for a guy to say "nice shirt" to any woman. Got it. I assume this also goes for women, right? No woman is ever allowed to make any comment whatsoever about a guy's clothing or appearance choices? For that matter, no man is allowed to comment on another man's clothing choices, or woman allowed to comment on another woman's clothing choices. . .

Is that what you meant?
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    In. Only because Minxy from the "you're all *kitten* if you show skin in your profile pic" thread deactivated.

(Pretty sure she's back though)
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    What, specifically, gives you the right to censor another person's speech when it's about your choice of clothing and how you look wearing it?

NO ONE has any right to comment on anyone else's appearance. Whether it be concerning boobs or hair or just general fashion.
    Mind your own damn business, I say.

actually, they do have the right.

which is not the same thing as saying they should do that.

funny how that works, huh? the government doesn't restrict your freedoms, but socials norms and a proper upbringings teach people how to behave politely to others.

i much prefer that to a government that tells me what i can't do under penalty of fine, incarceration, or worse.
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    or she could just be like me and fail to notice any cleavage in her selfies.
  • BrainyBurro
    Options
    In. Only because Minxy from the "you're all *kitten* if you show skin in your profile pic" thread deactivated.

link or it didn't happen.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    fEINngg.gif
  • tehboxingkitteh
    tehboxingkitteh Posts: 1,574 Member
    Options

Am I still a *kitten* if my cleavage/crotch shots aren't my main profile picture?
  • saschka7
    saschka7 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Personally I'm getting real sick of guys looking me In the eyes all the time. I have great boobs dangit! Give them some respect and take a gander.

Amen! Me too! :laugh:
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    What, specifically, gives you the right to censor another person's speech when it's about your choice of clothing and how you look wearing it?

NO ONE has any right to comment on anyone else's appearance. Whether it be concerning boobs or hair or just general fashion.
    Mind your own damn business, I say.

actually, they do have the right.

which is not the same thing as saying they should do that.

funny how that works, huh? the government doesn't restrict your freedoms, but socials norms and a proper upbringings teach people how to behave politely to others.

i much prefer that to a government that tells me what i can't do under penalty of fine, incarceration, or worse.

Hear hear.
  • erulasse
    erulasse Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    So it's not ever, under any circumstances, okay for a guy to say "nice shirt" to any woman. Got it. I assume this also goes for women, right? No woman is ever allowed to make any comment whatsoever about a guy's clothing or appearance choices? For that matter, no man is allowed to comment on another man's clothing choices, or woman allowed to comment on another woman's clothing choices. . .

Is that what you meant?

Don't be so damn facetious... I'm sure you know the difference between complimenting someone's awesome shirt and being a prize creeper.
    If you don't know the basics of social decency such as differentiating between the two then maybe you just shouldn't interact with people at all.
  • vmr2811
    vmr2811 Posts: 36
    Options
    <div style="max-width: 500px;" id="_giphy_iyt0pbdIrrcs8"></div>
    <script>var _giphy = _giphy || []; _giphy.push({id: 'iyt0pbdIrrcs8',w: 360, h: 258});var g = document.createelement('script'); g.type = 'text/javascript'; g.async = true;g.src = ('https:' == document.location.protocol ? 'https://' : 'http://') + 'giphy.com/static/js/widgets/embed.js';var s = document.getelementsbytagname('script')[0]; s.parentnode.insertbefore(g, s);</script>
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    Let's be honest here: there are some women who thrive on the attention they get. Bad attention is still attention.

The reason they complain is because they're not getting attention from the guys from whom they WANT attention.

It's like when guys complain that the only phone numbers they get are from the "ugly/fat" girls. They're getting phone numbers, just not from the crowd they wanted.

Same thing.

/my armchair diagnosis

I agree with what she said! I myself am a bit busty, and have gotten a bit of attention even before I became skinny. lol I don't complain about it. I just shrug off the comments and go on with my life. I'll even tell my husband, cause he doesn't really get jealous. Yea If you go around intentionally flaunting (which I try not too do) your gonna receive attention whether you like it or not.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    or she could just be like me and fail to notice any cleavage in her selfies.

Easily fixed. Send all (and I mean ALL) your selfies to me prior to posting and after thorough examination I will let you know if the cleavage reaches a theoretical level we'll refer to as "too much"
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Options

link or it didn't happen.

I may have paraphrased. Or renamed entirely.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1164242-profile-photographs
  • SomeNights246
    SomeNights246 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    I show cleavage for attention? Wait... what?

Um. No. I just like the shirt. It's not my fault I have a chest there.
  • BrainyBurro
    Options
    <div style="max-width: 500px;" id="_giphy_iYt0PBDIrrCs8"></div>
    <script>var _giphy = _giphy || []; _giphy.push({id: 'iYt0PBDIrrCs8',w: 360, h: 258});var g = document.createElement('script'); g.type = 'text/javascript'; g.async = true;g.src = ('https:' == document.location.protocol ? 'https://' : 'http://') + 'giphy.com/static/js/widgets/embed.js';var s = document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0]; s.parentNode.insertBefore(g, s);</script>

solid contribution!

:tongue:
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Options

Am I still a *kitten* if my cleavage/crotch shots aren't my main profile picture?

you ARE showing your kitteh.
This discussion has been closed.