My weight loss has nothing to do with your weight

Options

Replies

• cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    But if you 'know I would kill to look like you', then you made it about me. No, your loss has nothing to do with my weight, and who I would kill to look like is none of your damned business, either.

I hope that was a quote from someone :D Otherwise the logic is a bit faulty. You do your thing and I'll do mine, and please don't assume everyone is just jealous of you. That's obnoxious as hell!

Lol I am not that full of myself believe me. It has been said to me. I don't believe people are jealous of me, what hurt is that because I am "thinner then they are" I have no right to be unhappy about my body.

I wondered if it was a quote :)

:D
  • uconnwinsnc
    uconnwinsnc Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Edit: OK I think I understand now. These are directed at people who criticized you, right? Because I was wondering why you'd say that stuff to us.
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Been there, done that, and have had it said to me as well. Keep on trucking.

Once you are at your goal weight for awhile, the comments will die down, and people will go back to being normal around you.

This is my experience, anyways...
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    yeah!
  • JONZ64
    JONZ64 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    You should have the balls to say this to who ever this was intended for. JS

Looking at pic, I do NOT see balls....so.....what should she do?:laugh:
  • Zekela
    Zekela Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Some people may feel insecure around someone they perceive to be healthier or fitter than they are. I get ****y comments a lot. But at the end of the day, I don't care since it won't affect how I sleep at night. As long as I'm not living with the person, life is fine...
  • icerafta
    Options
    Different people have different body types. Some lose easier or maintain easier. I agree that the rant should have been directed to the person that started it, but in a personal message that does not involve the rest of the community. I have obesity and heart disease on both sides of my family so I really have to watch it. I come on these threads to encourage others and offer my support. Some need it, some don't. I would just like to keep the nastiness out of the threads and be good to each other. I saw this kind of thing on the Discovery Channel threads and they were almost shut down when people started dropping off of the threads because of rudeness and threats. Let's all just play nice. Good luck to everyone who uses these threads and I look forward to more friendly advice and conversation. (-:
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    But if you 'know I would kill to look like you', then you made it about me. No, your loss has nothing to do with my weight, and who I would kill to look like is none of your damned business, either.

I hope that was a quote from someone :D Otherwise the logic is a bit faulty. You do your thing and I'll do mine, and please don't assume everyone is just jealous of you. That's obnoxious as hell!

You have missed the point by about 50 gazillion miles
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    In...

...for...

...uh...

...just in.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    That was nothing less than an attempt at slim-shaming...
  • icerafta
    Options
    Welcome jofjltncb6... You just happened to come in during a sensitive subject debate, so please don't let it scare you off.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    Welcome jofjltncb6... You just happened to come in during a sensitive subject debate, so please don't let it scare you off.

You might want to look up the poster's history....trust me, he's been here a long time and he's not one to shy away... :laugh:
  • keemakitty
    Options
    Bravo. I want to be the very best "healthy self" I can be too! :)
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options

*looks around for the "debate"* Yea. Not really seeing much of that.
  • _runbitchrun
    _runbitchrun Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I always get people telling me I don't have to lose weight, I look good, "I wish i was 150"
    Well thats you, I'm me, and i dont feel comfortable so I'm gonna lose 20 lbs so shut it.

I think you look great! get to your goals and everyone else can f off. :)
  • MsJulielicious
    MsJulielicious Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    ai8aa0w.gif?w=240&h=320
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

You might want to look up the poster's history....trust me, he's been here a long time and he's not one to shy away... :laugh:

Don't listen to this guy.

I'm actually very sensitive, frequently confused, and my feelings are easily hurt.

I'll try not to get scared...

...and will just hide over here in the corner...

...in the fetal position...

...sucking my thumb...

...sobbing inconsolably.
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    That's exactly why I try to not even bring up my goals to anyone besides my husband anymore! There's no nice way to say "I don't really care about your opinion on this," especially to family or close friends!
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options

You have missed the point by about 50 gazillion miles
    yes, I thought it was very clear that this post was not actually directed at everyone on this website but instead the people who have criticized the OP about her body/goals. lol
  • lizj0nes21
    Options
    People are taking this as though you are speaking the them personally.
    It's clear that you are speaking as if you are talking to that person that the rant was meant for.
    People are just attacking you and being rude for no reason.
    As for an actual response-- I completely understand how you feel. My own mother complains and rags on me for bettering myself, eating healthier, and getting into shape. Just because she is 200+ lbs and I am 140 lbs she thinks that since I already weigh so much less than HER that I have no reason to better myself and make myself happy with my health and my body. Your post took the words right out of my mouth that I would love to say to her every day. (We don't get along well anyways and that's a whole other history and story).