40 pounds gone- GOAL!

Options

Replies

• Enic03
    Enic03 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Wow great job!!! I gained weight (much more than you) because of the same reason - falling in love and then mirroring my husband's habits. Do you have any strategies to not eat what he eats other than plan your own healthy options? I'd love to know any tips you can share. My husband eats SO MUCH and I really am watching my portions now with MFP.

It can be quite the task at first but it definitely gets easier! I constantly have my house stocked with veggies and fruits so if I see him snacking unhealthily I can grab something quick and good for me to munch on. Breakfast Nd lunch are pretty easy to eat healthy since we don't eat those meals together! For dinner, I use a lot of Skinnytaste.com recipes since the hubby actually loves many of them on there. We just started cooking more and both of us enjoy it. It takes more work but it feels a lot better than the frozen pizzas, tacos and fast food we used to live on! Cooking has become a passion for both of us and less than 2 years ago we could barely even handle making mac n cheese :laugh:

The main thing here is that you need to eat for YOU! When you go grocery shopping, don't worry about what he is getting and let him deal with what he eats. I asked my hubby for the curtesy of not buying chips and things because if they are in the house, I will eat them. If he needs them, sometimes I'll grab bbq special k pop chips, low in calorie and tasty. I found that he stopped buying sodas because I stopped drinking anything but water and compliment how refreshing it is :p. Also I stock variety breakfast things like oatmeal, eggs and quinoa so on the weekends he makes some good choices. I buy my own cereals since he buys sugar laden ones. Just buy for you and eventually you may find that he starts eating some of the things you are buying :)
  • Lns25
    Lns25 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Well Done!! Congrats too!!
  • Ladyzumba
    Ladyzumba Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Looking good! Hard work pays off and I'm sure you will grow your family in no time, I'm sure your husband can't keep his hands off of you! You go girl!
  • yusineddy
    yusineddy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Congratulation!!!!
  • soupandlettuce
    soupandlettuce Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Cute booties! Congratulations and wishing you happy, healthy pregnancy.
    I'm the same height and would love to get down to the 120's. I find 1200 cals too low, so usually eat a couple hundred more but am still hungry!
    If it took a year to lose 40lbs , was that about 0.5-0.75 lb a week on average?
    What were your calorie levels like and exercise routine? Thanks so much!
  • _shannon92
    _shannon92 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!! And congrats on your pregnancy of course!

Could I ask you a question? I was 160 when I started as well with the same body type. How long did it take you to really notice a difference? I've lost 20 so far and i've lost a few inches but I feel like nothing is changing!! :p
  • hedgehogia
    hedgehogia Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Yay! Congrats x2!!!
  • Enic03
    Options
    Cute booties! Congratulations and wishing you happy, healthy pregnancy.
    I'm the same height and would love to get down to the 120's. I find 1200 cals too low, so usually eat a couple hundred more but am still hungry!
    If it took a year to lose 40lbs , was that about 0.5-0.75 lb a week on average?
    What were your calorie levels like and exercise routine? Thanks so much!

It took me maybe 10 months in total and I am glad it was a bit slow of a process since I learned so much more on the way. I really just researched BMR and TDEE on the forums and used those to calculate my calorie intake which is different for everyone. My exercise routine was a mix of cardio and weights, pretty simple. I did Insanity, 30 Day Shred and P90X along with some C25K :)
  • Enic03
    Options
    You look amazing!! And congrats on your pregnancy of course!

Could I ask you a question? I was 160 when I started as well with the same body type. How long did it take you to really notice a difference? I've lost 20 so far and i've lost a few inches but I feel like nothing is changing!! :p

I think we get so used to seeing ourselves big that it gets hard to see a change. Some days I wake up and look at myself and still see myself looking the same as 40 pounds ago. I noticed at 20 pounds and especially at 30 but it was more so watching my jean size go down that made me realize things were happening. The other thing was that I took A LOT of pictures throughout the process which I recommend! You will definitely see it in those and it's true motivation using your own body.
  • MyJourney1960
    MyJourney1960 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    amazing - you look wonderful and so young and pretty!
  • ellenmja
    ellenmja Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look wonderful and happy!
  • april1445
    april1445 Posts: 334
    Options
    A little advice if I may? I know, no one wants unsolicited advice, but stay as active as you can through your pregnancy! I did nothing due to low energy levels and nausea, and it has taken me a year to get back to anything resembling active. It's VERY hard to fit activity in once the baby's born, and you don't want to lose all your progress. Of course, you'll gain weight, but if you can maintain your fitness at least, that's half the battle. Heartfelt congratulations on both your weight loss and your baby news. :)
  • cubsgirlinny
    cubsgirlinny Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Such a cute pregnancy announcement. Congrats on the weight loss and on the upcoming reward that's following it.
  • blondelis50
    blondelis50 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    good for you! you look amazing! and i bet you feel wonderful 2. U inspire me as a middle-aged woman who is struggling to lose 40 pounds. thanks!:flowerforyou:
  • kmclamb13
    kmclamb13 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    You look great and i don't think you need to lose anything else.Thank you for your story.
  • amcsouth
    amcsouth Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Congrats :smile:
  • Missklara
    Missklara Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Congratulations! :flowerforyou:
  • Missyrth
    Missyrth Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    aw.. congrats! what a sweet picture! Just remember you do not have to put very much back on!
  • ChrissieHatton
    Options
    Aww! That is so cute. Congrats on meeting your goal and congrats on your new little bean.
  • Islandqueenfl
    Islandqueenfl Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Amazing transformation! And congrats to you!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!