Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Interviewed for Redbook Magazine for MFP Success!!!

joyzy
joyzy Posts: 97 Member
http://www.redbookmag.com/health-wellness/advice/weight-loss-success-tips?click=main_sr#slide-8

That's not me in the picture, that's just a stock photo...but still, pretty awesome to be "published"!!!!!! The only thing is I wish they had mentioned how much exercise played a role for me in losing and now maintaining for a year and a half.

I started out at 270 pounds, 5'8", age 31, mom of three kids ages 5 and under. It took an obesity-related spinal cord injury for me to wake UP. During my recovery from temporary paralysis, I started walking and then running.

In November I completed the Philadelphia Marathon. 26.2 miles. Not fast, but I ran it and finished it. This is me in the pink.

333C5546-FCE4-4C38-8664-32222BE487F0-1748-000001814280DEC5_zps7df42537.jpg

During 2014 I ran over 1500 miles.

Currently I work at the YMCA as the leader of the twice weekly running club. I teach a class once a week for beginning walkers/runners. I also volunteer coach the local boys' elementary school running team twice a week. And recently I started working as a Y Coach, acting as a liason between the membership office, and the rest of the facility, guiding new members to how they can use all that the YMCA has to offer to suit their needs.

I work out 5-6 days/week. I run, bike swim, and do strength training. I have more energy than ever and feel fantastic.

If I can do this, SO CAN YOU!!

6bb4dc5c-88b7-4856-ae26-150d3d798352_zps87e63a63.jpg

Replies

• Amber82479
    Amber82479 Posts: 629 Member
    This is amazing! Your story always leaves me feeling humbled and inspired to keep going :) I love that you're doing things for your health and not to become stick-figure thin. Thanks for being a great friend and helping me to keep fighting, even when I want to throw in the towel!
  • nevertoooldtodoit
    nevertoooldtodoit Posts: 45 Member
    HI! Congrats on the accomplishments. In your last 2 pics there is only 1lb difference but you look more fit. Did you start a lifting program or what was the difference? Also, may I ask how tall you are? I am at the same weight and am wondering what to do to change composition. Thank you and again, awesome!
  • _runbitchrun
    _runbitchrun Posts: 205 Member
    Great job!! Running is awesome! Congrats on doing a marathon... I can only dream of one right now...
  • mdj1501
    mdj1501 Posts: 388 Member
    That is very inspiring! Congrats!
  • LoveMyLife_NYC
    LoveMyLife_NYC Posts: 230 Member
    YAY! Congrats on your successes and congrats for being published. That is really cool!
  • JNettie73
    JNettie73 Posts: 1,211 Member
    Congrats on your loss and your interview! That is a great accomplishment. :flowerforyou:
  • Femtec74
    Femtec74 Posts: 347 Member
    Congrats! That's quite a success story! :)
  • ReinasWrath
    ReinasWrath Posts: 1,173 Member
    You are amazing!! I am blown away by your progress!! Congrats on being published!! The cherry on top of an amazing success story!!
  • missyjg99
    missyjg99 Posts: 246 Member
    I love you! You rock my dear. Such an inspiration to me.
  • lyzmorrison
    lyzmorrison Posts: 172 Member
    WOW!! That is so great! Good for you! You worked hard and were dedicated and reaped the reward. And excellent job on the marathon!!!
  • Ivey05131980
    Ivey05131980 Posts: 1,118 Member
    You are so awesome!!
  • Sallybeee_fit
    Sallybeee_fit Posts: 36 Member
    I have been following you for a while now and your story is so inspiring everytime I read it.
  • MGreensides
    MGreensides Posts: 173 Member
    I'm so lucky to be your friend!! Congrats on being published, it feels amazing (I was in Canadian Running)
  • donnat238
    donnat238 Posts: 309 Member
    Awesome job! A great inspiration for all!
  • asilmegan34
    asilmegan34 Posts: 256 Member
    Way to go, you look fantastic!
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Congratulations! A very inspirational and amazing story and it is great to have your story told, giving inspiration to so many others!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!