Zone diets (lifestyle)

Options
Has anyone had success with the zone recipes? I tried this program back in 2006 and had decent success with it, but I'm hoping it has come a long way since then. Are there any websites that have good zone friendly recipes? What books are helpful?
Thanks all!

Replies

• IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    The Zone Diet is basically another one of those plans where they've made up fictitious science lessons to sell you on a diet too complicated to easily follow with regular food.

Once you're sold on that they sell you the 'solution' to your new problem with products.
  • mymuffin88
    mymuffin88 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I know of a couple of people who were on the Zone Diet who were thrilled with their success, but they were on the plan where the food was dropped at their front door every night (or early morning?). They said that the food was so much that they couldn't even finish it all, so were giving away leftover containers. I was the recipient of a number of those containers, and the food really was very satisfying. You just felt 'good' after eating it. Zone bars I am still addicted to, and first had them from one of the dieters. Also, there were boxes for Zone brownies and Zone banana bread, which was extraordinary! It filled you up, but was very low in carbs, too; I think it had a lot of protein powder mixed into it and was really high in protein, too. Have tried to get the recipe for those brownies and banana bread for ages (kept the boxes for practically ages, too), as I have not been able to find the boxed mixes anywhere any more.

I also have a copy of one Zone cookbook (there are several, available at any good bookstore) as a handmedown from one of the dieters, but frankly, the recipes looked time consuming for having so many different foods everyday, as one got very many in the delivered-to-your-door plan, so I have never made any of them. I think part of the success of the diet was having the menu planned out for the dieter, so it was easy and brainless kind of. Also, packaged beautifully in restaurant carry out containers, so the dieter was taken care of, didn't have to think about food, or lift a finger.

If you find the boxed Zone brownie or banana bread recipe, please do share.
  • fitmek
    fitmek Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I know of a couple of people who were on the Zone Diet who were thrilled with their success, but they were on the plan where the food was dropped at their front door every night (or early morning?). They said that the food was so much that they couldn't even finish it all, so were giving away leftover containers. I was the recipient of a number of those containers, and the food really was very satisfying. You just felt 'good' after eating it. Zone bars I am still addicted to, and first had them from one of the dieters. Also, there were boxes for Zonme brownies and Zone banana bread, which was extraordinary! It filled You up, but was very low in carbs, too; I think it had a lot of protein powder mixed into it and was really high in protein, too. Have tried to get the recipe for those brownies and banana bread for ages (kept the boxes for practically a decade), as I have not been able to find the boxed mixes anywhere any more.

I also have a copy of one Zone cookbook (there are several, available at any good bookstore) as a handmedown from one of the dieters, but frankly, the recipes looked time consuming for having so many different foods everyday, as one got very many in the delivered-to-your-door plan, so I have never made any of them. I think part of the success of the diet was having the menu planned out for the dieter, so it was easy and brainless kind of. Also, packaged beautifully in restaurant carry out containers, so the dieter was taken care of, didn't have to think about food, or lift a finger.

If you find the boxed Zone brownie or banana bread recipe, please do share.

I'm kind of scared to know the answer to this, but do you know the name of the meal delivery service and how much it was?
  • fitmek
    Options
    The Zone Diet is basically another one of those plans where they've made up fictitious science lessons to sell you on a diet too complicated to easily follow with regular food.

Once you're sold on that they sell you the 'solution' to your new problem with products.

I never really looked at it as a diet, more of a way to eat a balanced meal 5 times a day. I never followed the "blocks", I just followed recipes I found online and had success with it. Now its 7 yrs later and I'm busier than ever with 2 kids, and I was just hoping there were some others who followed the concept of the Zone that had websites I could check out or basically just some tips on how to make it a little easier of a process to follow the Zone.
  • mymuffin88
    mymuffin88 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I don't know the delivery service, as I was not on the plan (maybe in the yellow pages), but a few years ago it was $60 per day for one person. (I am not going to make any judgmental comments on the fee, but you asked, and I do happen to know the answer to that.) However, I think the plan included 5 days of delivered meals per week, and you could have whatever you wanted on weekends, so only purchased 5 days weekly.
  • fitmek
    Options
    I don't know the delivery service, as I was not on the plan (maybe in the yellow pages), but a few years ago it was $60 per day for one person. (I am not going to make any judgmental comments on the fee, but you asked, and I do happen to know the answer to that.) However, I think the plan included 5 days of delivered meals per week, and you could have whatever you wanted on weekends, so only purchased 5 days weekly.
    I figured it was ridiculously expensive. I have always said with my super busy schedule, if I could actually afford to have meal delivery (organic foods only) service, I would be the perfect candidate.
    Sucks.
    I will look around for those recipes you mentioned!! If you ever talk to the person and figure out what websites they used or what zone book was the most helpful, I would appreciate it! :)