Gastric bypass, new here

Options
Hey everyone. My name is Dana and I am a mom of two. I recently went under gastric bypass about a month ago. I am starting to track my progress and would love others who have under gone gastric bypass or anyone else who would support me. I am currently 235.5 and I started this journey at 263.3.

Replies

• mamma_nee
    mamma_nee Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP . Hope your feeling better . Congrats on getting healthier in 2014 :)
  • Losingthelbs34
    Losingthelbs34 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much!
  • MissJazzie14
    MissJazzie14 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss journey. I am here for support if you need it =)
  • gloriaallen36
    gloriaallen36 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    wonderful loss! feel free to add me sweetie :drinker:
  • Losingthelbs34
    Options
    Thanks ladies!
  • snickerdoolers
    snickerdoolers Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi There, i too had the Gastric Bypass on Dec. 23, came home on Christmas Day! White the Christmas gift huh? lol. I would luv to add you as a support partner. I'm Finally to the point where the pain is subsiding and i can start to do more things. I'm having trouble getting all my liquids in. Its like impossible to get 70-80 ounces in in a day!
  • Losingthelbs34
    Options
    I understand that. I am a month out on Friday and I am just starting to get all my liquids in. Now I have no troubles at all. I am excited to have someone who is close to my surgery date!
  • Seanrad1977
    Seanrad1977 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Relatively new to this app, but i had Roux en Y in July of 2010... Not really trying to lose much more weight at this point, just pack on some lean muscle.
  • dianasuffel
    Options
    Hi there, My name is Diana. I had RNY on Dec 11/2013. Im down 45 pounds and cannot wait to lose more. I am supposed to journal and I really struggle with it, so I thought I would try this. Id love to make some friends for support. :)
  • debrawn2
    Options
    I had GBS on Nov 19, am almost two months out. Still get cramps sometimes and nauseous when I eat or drink! anyone else having trouble eating? Also, have only lost 22#
  • debrawn2
    Options
    Hi Diane, I had my surgery the day before you! Have only lost 22#s, I have started walking, hope that helps!
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. I had the gastric sleeve 2.5 years ago. If you didn't know, there is a group on here called "Weight Loss Surgery" that is made up of folks just like us. Lots of good information and a lot less judgment and criticisim than you will find in the general forums. Just saying.
  • CassandraBurgos83
    CassandraBurgos83 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Welcome and congrats on starting your journey. Best wishes and God Bless!
  • brandnewsnickerpuss
    brandnewsnickerpuss Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I had RNY August 3, 2005, so not a newbie like most of you. However, still dealing with regain (hi, carb addiction!) and so finding logging very helpful. Feel free to add me, anyone, as I would love to have some post-gastric bypass friends!

Christine
    345/196/160
  • brandnewsnickerpuss
    brandnewsnickerpuss Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. I had the gastric sleeve 2.5 years ago. If you didn't know, there is a group on here called "Weight Loss Surgery" that is made up of folks just like us. Lots of good information and a lot less judgment and criticisim than you will find in the general forums. Just saying.

Thanks for that! I should figure out how to search the forums. :)
  • fe_isme
    Options
    Hello Dana!
    Big Congrats on your surgery and weight loss!! I just had the "sleeve" done the day before Thanksgiving this year. I would like it if you would add me to your buddy list.
    Best of luck with the rest of your journey! I hope you get what you need!!
    Fe
  • fe_isme
    Options
    Thank you for posting that information pawoodhull! I will check it out. I am looking to find some support after having my surgery just a month and a half ago.
    Fe
  • goalss4nika
    goalss4nika Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    After watching the "My 600lb journey" on TLC, I respect ya'll so much. Gastric bypass patients go through soooooooooooo much more than I am willing to endure. That show really opened my eyes. Congrats on such a brave decision to get it done. Welcome to your happiness :flowerforyou: Feel free to add me if you like.
  • wisegirl57
    Options
    Just joined MFP yesterday and am trying to figure out the website. I had gastric bypass in 2008 and went from 265 to 175 and just stayed there without gaining or loosing more than a pound or two at any given time, and was pretty happy....That is until gaining 10 pounds since Thanksgiving after letting carbs take control of my daily life, which also added terribly to fibromyalgia and arthritis pain. I figured since I have to give up carbs to just feel better, I might take it a step further and see if I can get down 30 more pounds and keep it off. Looking for support and to give support to those who want or need to give up killer carbs for life.