DONUTS ARE BAD FOR YOU!

Options
ZealousMissJJ
ZealousMissJJ Posts: 454 Member
76b48433d8a707d424d23ff2c1588d57.jpg

As a donut-lover who tries to eat paleo, I applaud whomever made this advertisement.

Replies

• prime853
    prime853 Posts: 519
    Options
    IIFYM
  • ZealousMissJJ
    Options
    IIFYM

Well, I do believe in chosing nutriënt dense foods 80% of the time, but yes, the other 20% I eat whatever I want.

Too bad we don't have Krispy Kreme or Dunkin Donuts here :sad:.
  • FindingMyPerfection
    FindingMyPerfection Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Never understood the Krispy Kreme hype till I lived in the south and ate a glazed hot off the line. It is a good thing the closest one to me now is hours away!
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    ~chuckles~

Getting struck my lightning alone is bad for you. Not ever having a Krispy Kreme, in my estimation? Neither here nor there. They are so not worth the hype.
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    Pressing this button: 82e7588fb5e2e4252643249be419146b.png is bad for you!
  • STrooper
    STrooper Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Krispy Kreme run in Raleigh, NC 2/8/14.

Run 2.5 miles to Krispy Kreme from the NCSU Bell Tower

Eat a dozen doughnuts

Run 2.5 miles back to the finish at the NCSU Bell Tower.

I won't be there because I am running a marathon that day. But my friends will be!!!
  • coretemp
    coretemp Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    I don't care! I love glazed doughnuts... and cinnabons! : )
  • devodev44
    devodev44 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Score one for the marketing dept. on this one!
    I'm a low-carb guy, but I turn into Homer Simpson when it's time to say, "carb-up" (e.g. justify eating too many).
  • ZealousMissJJ
    Options

Lol, I believe this is my very first post and I was saving it for something special. Like donuts.
  • Sinisterly
    Options

Lol, I believe this is my very first post and I was saving it for something special. Like donuts.
    Not donuts!!!! :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    ~chuckles~

Getting struck my lightning alone is bad for you. Not ever having a Krispy Kreme, in my estimation? Neither here nor there. They are so not worth the hype.

I dunno about that. Krispy Kreme vanilla custard filled donuts are pretty amazing. With a cappucino. Almost worth the gluten induced spasm my stomach will go into.
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    I :heart: fresh, warm, soft Krispy Kreme donuts....This is awesome!

:love:
  • Frood42
    Frood42 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    That's a good poster, new blood in the marketing department..?
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    :drinker:

I :heart: Krispy Kreme!

But is the ad British or Canadian? Cause Americans spell "realize" with a "z" because you know.... that's how it's supposed to be spelled, you silly Brits and Canadians!
  • ekz13
    ekz13 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    good ad, at least they didn't try to spin it as "healthy" or something way off.. they know its a sweet treat, and IIFYM ... enjoy. Good job CC .... (Dunkin FTW!!! LOL):laugh:
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    They misspelled "realize". I would expect that from Dunkin Donuts, but not Krispy Kreme!
  • tempehforever
    tempehforever Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    This is a pretty brilliant ad--does a great job of capturing the backlash against the "war on obesity"/health puritanism so many people are sick of.

I'm going to send it to my firm's health marketing team this morning, they'll dig it. :)
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options
    ~chuckles~

to be fair, since it is a Krispy Kreme advertisement, they are probably going to hype their product regardless of whether or not it is actually worth it.

Because "Krispy Kremes: meh, you can take 'em or leave 'em" is probably not the marketing they are paying for.

I know this, I have been on my way to some place unrelated to donuts and have stopped for a detour if the "HOT NOW" light was on, and i didn't regret it.
  • Sinisterly
    Options
    They misspelled "realize". I would expect that from Dunkin Donuts, but not Krispy Kreme!
    ...That's not a misspell.. That's how UK spells it.. Both realize and realise are correct.
  • rdpapag
    rdpapag Posts: 17
    Options
    Krispie Kreme sucks. To prove it, they put one up here 5-6 years ago and it probably closed a year or two after it opened.

Oh, and the genius who put it up put it across from one of the largest gyms in the area.

Moron.