Trampoline Park Fitness Classes

Options
There is a giant trampoline park about to open up in my town and i'm super keen to give it a go! they run fitness classes at them and it is like this:

http://www.airheadsusa.com/fitness/ (but a different one i'm not sure what it will be called)

Has anyone ever given this a go? how did you find it? is it effective?

Replies

• ninajenay
    ninajenay Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    That sounds super fun! Trampolines are awesome for cardio. When I had mine I'd use it in place of anything else for cardio when I could. I'd imagine a class would be even more effective!
  • splixi
    splixi Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I know right!- sounds fun!

I read that 10mins on a trampoline is equiv. to 33 minutes running.....
  • lilred806
    lilred806 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried it but we have one in my town and a friend of mine said she loved it. She did say a friend had torn her ACL while doing it. So I guess as long as you avoid injury it would be awesome fun.
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    I have something like that near me. I have taken a few classes. The classes were super easy, but a lot of fun!
  • Lauran845
    Lauran845 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    It really does sound fun, just remember to be cautious as trampolines can cause A LOT of injuries. I am sure the fitness instructor will show you how to be safe during a class, but just take it easy if you do feel out of whack after a workout. Enjoy your workout!
  • splixi
    Options
    I'm contemplating going down the the local gymnasium and signing upto some classes in sports trampolining and learning all the flips and moves!
  • helsbelshms
    helsbelshms Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I wish there was something like that near me (UK). I did trampolining as a teenager and loved it. I think it is the most effective form of exercise, you work all muscles without realising you're doing it.

Classes are a great idea, because once you've got the right technique you are less likely injure yourself.
  • JennafurC
    JennafurC Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    My gym used to have a bosu/trampoline class and it was REALLY fun! I loved it
  • twixlepennie
    twixlepennie Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    I got a mini-trampoline for Christmas and it's ridiculously fun to use, and dang is it a workout!
  • splixi
    Options
    It requires a good sports bra....or 3.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    It's all fun and games until you snap your ankle up.

No, but we have 4 in my area. They have an adults night (drinks, glow sticks,, lights out rave mode) which is awesome.

Go go trampoline rangers!