Who do you look up to?

Options
What celebrities or people you know personally, do you look up to? do they inspire you to get in shape, to love your body as it is?

I don't know anyone personally but for me Jennifer Lawrence, Kim Kardashian and Jennifer Lopez are the famous ladies I can relate to. They look so healthy and not stick skinny.

Replies

• homerjspartan
    homerjspartan Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    My wife. She's 5'10" and I am 5' 7''.
  • KenziesFrenzies
    KenziesFrenzies Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    As far as celebrities go: Kat Dennings, America Fererra, Sara Ramirez and Christina Hendrix. All women with curves (ranging between sizes 10 and 12 - exactly where I want to be), and very comfortable in their own skins despite the industry pressure to be super skinny.
  • WhisperAnne
    Options
    My wife. She's 5'10" and I am 5' 7''.

Aww! I'm happy your wide is an inspiration to you
  • prime853
    prime853 Posts: 519
    Options
    Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
  • callmeampersand
    callmeampersand Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    As far as celebrities go, Jennifer Lawrence is def someone I admire. She loves herself and is proud of it. In real life, one of my friends is an avid runner and I am quite envious of the progress she has made.
  • WhisperAnne
    Options
    As far as celebrities go: Kat Dennings, America Fererra, Sara Ramirez and Christina Hendrix. All women with curves (ranging between sizes 10 and 12 - exactly where I want to be), and very comfortable in their own skins despite the industry pressure to be super skinny.

Good examples! I love Christina Hendrix. She is gorgeous and those curves! I want to be that comfortable in my own skin.
  • WhisperAnne
    Options
    As far as celebrities go, Jennifer Lawrence is def someone I admire. She loves herself and is proud of it. In real life, one of my friends is an avid runner and I am quite envious of the progress she has made.

:bigsmile:
  • koshkasmum
    koshkasmum Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Celebrities don't impress me, really. My sister, however, is a STAR! I want to be more like her when I grow up.
  • tbullucks06
    Options
    Beyonce!
  • Summer_Lunatic
    Summer_Lunatic Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    My wife. She's 5'9" and I am 5' 7''.

^^^This.

And Rich Froning

Rich_zps2c352fdd.jpg
  • reality_girl
    reality_girl Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    My atom slue.
  • AusAshMommy
    AusAshMommy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    P!nk - She's fit and very comfortable in her own skin!
  • LetsTryThisAgain54
    LetsTryThisAgain54 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I look up to no one except myself. I honestly don't need to. Just the way I am I guess.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Big Bird and Chewbacca
  • Mustgetbuff
    Mustgetbuff Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    In terms of celebrities, I admire Trent Reznor from Nine Inch Nails. But my real heroes are my parents. Financially responsible, madly in love after thirty years, and fit as fiddles in their fifties.
  • cooky_monster
    cooky_monster Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I really admire The Hairy Bikers and Nadia Sawalha, who are all chefs. They have all lost weight and subsequently released "diet" recipe books, BUT its not your usual salads and such. Its hearty, gutsy filling meals just with the fat content lowered. Tomorrow I will be enjoying a chicken and vegetable stew with bacon and cider. But its healthy :happy:
    So yes, I look up to them because they didn't lose weight by starving themselves and exercising like demons, but by eating tasty filling meals and just being a bit more active :smile: And that is how I plan to lose weight
  • WhisperAnne
    Options
    I really admire The Hairy Bikers and Nadia Sawalha, who are all chefs. They have all lost weight and subsequently released "diet" recipe books, BUT its not your usual salads and such. Its hearty, gutsy filling meals just with the fat content lowered. Tomorrow I will be enjoying a chicken and vegetable stew with bacon and cider. But its healthy :happy:
    So yes, I look up to them because they didn't lose weight by starving themselves and exercising like demons, but by eating tasty filling meals and just being a bit more active :smile: And that is how I plan to lose weight

I love this! I don't like watching cooking shows, they always make me so hungry! one time two years ago my sister made me watch a cooking show at 3 AM and I got so hungry!! ugh lol
  • _Fenrir_
    _Fenrir_ Posts: 471
    Options
    Most people, i'm only 5'6! lol