Venison Jerky

Options
So I just want to make sure that I'm not gonna throw myself off... My question is about venison jerky that I made last night... I know that venison is the leanest meat that you can eat and aside from the sodium (which I have extremely low blood pressure so the more I have the better I feel) is it ok to eat a fairly unlimited amount? I think the most caloric thing I put in it is was soy sauce and worsteshire(SP?) and everything else was just spices like garlic powder, onion powder, and other salty ingredients. I realize the salt holds water but I'd rather hold a pound or two than feel like I'm gonna pass out everytime I stand up. So sodium isn't an issue for me.

Replies

• justahorsen
    Options
    you could put your recipie in and let the website do the calorie thing for you.....I LOVE venison jerky...we make it to..
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,631 Member
    Options
    Good question! I planned on trying to make some this weekend. It would be a new experiment for me! Will keep an eye out for replies!
  • elizw5
    elizw5 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I agree. Put it in the calculator and see what it says. I am eager as well to find out. I will be making some pretty soon too.
  • LadyPersia
    LadyPersia Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    OMGOSH Yummy Please post!.
  • desirea2006
    desirea2006 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Ok I when I get home from work tonight I will put it in so that we can all see. I didn't realize that there was a calculator on MFP that would do that.
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    Mmmm... sounds delicious. Did you bag your own or purchase it? I don't hunt, so I was wondering if you can just buy it?

Shannon
  • desirea2006
    desirea2006 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    We bagged our own... That was our second deer this season which is great for me since its so lean and I can put it in almost everything. I'm not sure that you can buy venison at a store? Thats a good question? Does anyone know the answer to that?