Does MFP work? Need friends!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• JamieK84
    JamieK84 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Yes, MFP does work! In 2012 I lost 45 lbs., but gained it all back due to personal loss. I turned to food for comfort and am heavier than I was when starting last time. You have to be diligent and log your foods every day, which is sort of annoying at first, but eventually you have all your favorites in there. Plus the phone app has a barcode scanner which makes it much easier. Even if you eat something you're ashamed of and it puts you over calories, log it. If you screw up one day, don't throw the whole process out the window. That was always my problem; I would start out good, but I would binge a little and decide I would try to lose weight later. Of course later kept being pushed back and more weight ends up being gained. If you slip up, acknowledge it and move on. Never give up. If you have a severe craving, try to stop and think. Remember why you're trying to get healthy or if you need to, turn to MFP and talk to friends about it. I'm on and off all day, as are a ton of other people, so if you need support there's always someone here. Also, of course, exercise is key. It's not always fun (ok usually it's not), but I always feel like a million bucks when I get done, knowing I am working toward my goal. I've joined gyms before, however, I end up going once or twice and then not returning. I prefer to work out in my home, so I use Jillian Michaels DVDs (Ripped in 30 and 30 Day Shred). There's no excuse not to do them, since you don't even have to leave the house; that's what I used when I lost my 45 lbs. and that's what I'm using this time. The best part of MFP is that I don't have to stop eating the things I love. Obviously portion sizes are smaller, but it doesn't really feel like a diet. I eat 5 small meals a day usually, which helps with hunger. Another good idea is preplanning your day; go in and figure out what you plan on eating the next day. It takes the guess work out of it and makes sure you stay within your calories.

I really hope you stick with MFP, it definitely does work if you are willing to put in the effort. Please feel free to add me if you want, I'll help support you :)
  • stormbornkraken
    stormbornkraken Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Yes! It works but you must be dedicated.

I was successful the first time and lost 30 pounds. I let life get in the way and distract me and now I am back to prove it can work again. Log it all, get a support team and do what you can to stay active and positive.

Always looking for new MFPals this time around so feel free to add me! :)

Cheers!
  • Purplepoppies
    Options
    It works if you stick to it. I lost 25 just over a year ago but I fell of the wagon and put it back on :(
    But I'm back to kick butt, feel free to add me :)
  • g82green
    Options
    YES!! It works! I am very happy to say that today is my 50th day and I haven't been anything but impressed! The folks here are lovely and motivating. Feel free to add me.
    Best of luck to you! But... you CAN do it so you don't need my wishes!