hard time meeting my calorie goals

Options
My goal is set for 1700 calories. I have to REALLY TRY to meet that every day. When I do, it tells me I'm likely to not lose any weight in 5 weeks.

When I don't, it tells me I'll loose good weight, but I'm "starving myself".

The other day I hit my target (it was seriously HARD!!!) and then I worked out, lost about 600 calories, and was again, told I was starving. UGH!

Anyone else struggling to hit their calorie goals?

Replies

• AireenAsh
    Options
    OMG HELL YES IM IN RHE 1200CALORIES CATEGORY AND IT IS SOO DAMN BLOODY HARD. -dies-
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options
    I spent my first few months thinking this. And then I read this

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

and slowly upped my calories. Now I NET 1550. So, I eat as much as 2100 on days I exercise. MFP does overestimate calorie burns from exercise, so it's okay not to eat all of them back but if you're set to 1200 calories, I would try to get close to netting. Try calorie dense foods, if you're having issues reaching your goals.
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    I spent my first few months thinking this. And then I read this

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

and slowly upped my calories. Now I NET 1550. So, I eat as much as 2100 on days I exercise. MFP does overestimate calorie burns from exercise, so it's okay not to eat all of them back but if you're set to 1200 calories, I would try to get close to netting. Try calorie dense foods, if you're having issues reaching your goals.

This. You do not have to be hungry!!!
  • spiffychick85
    spiffychick85 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I must be confused...I thought the op was having trouble eating all 1700 calories in a day...If thats true I have been there...I am one of those people that cannot sit down to a huge heavy meal and just slam it back...on days when Im trying to eat back my exercise calories and Im particularly busy during the day ( like so busy I forget to eat lunch) its hard to sit and get down what I need too in the afternoon...the only advice I have is to try and pace yourself throughout and picker higher calorie food...throw in more healthy fats if you can...that seems to help me up the calorie intake
  • kworstell
    Options
    No, but mine is low. Did you know you can drop your calorie goals? I inadvertently dropped mine to 1200 (and then corrected it). So you can tweak it if you feel like it's too much. I'm at 1,310, as recommended by my former personal trainer to go with my high vegetable and fruit diet (it makes up 75% of what I eat, if not more...). So you could either A) lower your calorie goals and see if it stops nagging you, if you're too full... or B) Just try to come out at 100 less than recommended. It doesn't seem to give me a "you're gonna die" warning if you are within 100 calories.