Hello!! :)

Options
I have officially decided to start getting serious about losing weight and no, it's not because of the new year. My new years resolution was not to lose weight, it's actually to go discover new things. Anyway, I am a mother to a 6 year old girl and a 2 year old(turning 3 this month) boy. I am the happiest I've been in a very long time and I want the body to show it. I am at an all time high of 212 lbs :sad: . My goal is 160 lbs. I have been adjusting my eating habits but now I have to work in the exercise. Any advice on the best workouts for weight loss? I'd love to make new friends here to help motivate me.

Replies

• jackrory344
    Options
    Hey

Best of luck. .I posted my my story and what has worked for me in this section

:)
  • amka_2015
    amka_2015 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thank you!!! Best of luck to you as well! :)
  • 2RobD
    2RobD Posts: 33
    Options
    Best of luck...any exercise is better than none...I have lost 10 lbs in 30 days watching my food intake and playing Wii tennis an hour a day....course right now I'm also shoveling a lot of snow (lol).....so good losing....:wink:
  • amka_2015
    Options
    We did get a lot of snow. Next time, I will offer to shovel! hehe :)
  • 2RobD
    2RobD Posts: 33
    Options
    255 calorie burn for 20 minutes of snow shoveling...:bigsmile:
  • Mindfreak1999
    Options
    Hey
    You have come to the right place to lose weight and get fit. There are some awesome people around.

Good luck on your journey to a healthier you. :smile:
  • bethelles_now
    bethelles_now Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I hope you keep motivated. This is the BEST tool (besides the gym) that I have used!!!! It really helps keep things in perspective!
    Beth
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/bethelles_now
  • bethelles_now
    bethelles_now Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I can't wait til I have lost 91 pounds!!!! Only 90 more to go!!!! AWESOME for you!!!!
    Beth

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/bethelles_now
  • Canuname
    Canuname Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I started as simple as it gets, Walking. I started to walk a mile and used a GPS tracking app to keep track of time and distance and pace. There are lots of them some free some cost. The one I started with was walkmeter. Runkeeper is free and I just walked and tried to improve with time and distance. Then I started swimming at the gym and now that it is cold out walking on treadmill though I haven't been exercising like I was and it has affected my weight loss actually gained some back, but going to start going back to the gym now and get back to losing again. The best thing to do to get started with exercise is to just move. Move more than you used to and then move more and longer. Soon you will feel better and you will want to do more and more.

Good luck with your fitness journey.
  • amka_2015
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!! I hope to be able to stick to it and meet my goals.