what was ur chest press starting weight?~females

Options
ok so out of curiosity, what was ur chest press starting weight and how quickly did you progress?
u can include ur bicep curls starting weight,deadlift starting weight, suats starting weight etc
cheers

Replies

• awomaame25
    awomaame25 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    I'd have to go back and look, but I think I started with 15 pound dumbbells. Eventually I moved to the bar and bench. Now my PR is 145 for reps. This progress wasn't quick. I was lifting for 1.5 years before switching to splits/5x5s and then my strength progressed pretty regularly.
  • FrnkLft
    FrnkLft Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    From what I've seen from the women I've trained with and the women I see benching/squating/etc... in the gym, the bar is a very good place to start. For the untrained it's a challenging weight, and it gets you used to barbells. A proper bar is 45 lbs.
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    From what I've seen from the women I've trained with and the women I see benching/squating/etc... in the gym, the bar is a very good place to start. For the untrained it's a challenging weight, and it gets you used to barbells. A proper bar is 45 lbs.

I started with the bar a couple of months ago. I'm doing Stronglifts and I benched 75 lbs today after a 2 week break. Before the break, I was benching 85 lbs.
  • dixoncrew
    dixoncrew Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I started with the bar and it was too light, then I was stuck at 65 # for a while and now I'm stuck at 70# :)
  • TheGymGypsy
    TheGymGypsy Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    I started with just the bar (45lbs) and moved up to 75 lbs in about a month. I can't do chest presses anymore though because I have breast implants now. lol
  • frood
    frood Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I just started bench pressing and I'm using the empty oly bar doing 2-3 sets of 3 reps.

My kettlebell C&P is currently 2x22lb bells. (I think I started at 2x14)
  • Elegra2006
    Elegra2006 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Started with 40kg (88ish lbs) as find pressing quite natural... not sure what max currently is as been focussing more on body weight stuff recently so press ups are now easy! Also do incline presses to target muscle groups from various angles.
  • _Josee_
    _Josee_ Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I started 2 months ago with 2 12.5 lbs dumbells. I'm now on the bench with the 45lbs bar + 25 lbs.

I just started last week doing squats with the 45 lbs bar + 60 lbs.

This is for 5reps. It all goes down if I'm doing more reps.