What is your FAVORITE low cal dinner?

Options
I just ate the most delicious and satisfying 249 calorie meal for dinner, and it got me thinking of how nice it is to find some delicious meal that is low calorie but also incredibly satisfying.

I want to hear your favorite! Tell me how you make it too, because I may want to steal it! :)

What I had was simple, but really yummy...6 fresh egg white omelet with 1/2 tsp butter in the skillet. When I flipped the omelet, I gently smooshed a wedge of light swiss laughing cow cheese on the hot egg, then I heated up 4 pieces of precooked turkey bacon. BAM! Huge omelet with bacon for 249 calories. Breakfast for dinner success! I really don't know why this made me so happy, but it really really did.

For breakfast I also made the omelet the same way, but added diced roma tomato while cooking the egg. I had it at a restaurant once and it was fabulous, but it keeps turning out a bit runny for me because of the tomato juices...still trying to perfect it. It's still yummy, but it usually turns out as scrambled eggs.

Replies

• MissBabyJane
    MissBabyJane Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I'm not very big fan of "dinner", because I feel really full all night so I'm avoiding it. If I eat something for dinner it would be a soup or some salad.
  • GIA4FITNESS
    Options
    Soup is always good. I just made this not too long ago and still have some in my freezer. It was amazing! I wonder if there is a way to make it lower calorie though....maybe ground turkey and no pasta? So good on a cold night!

http://www.food.com/recipe/olive-garden-pasta-e-fagioli-17566?layout=desktop

1 lb ground beef
    1 cup diced onion
    1 cup julienned carrot
    3 stalks celery, chopped (1 cup)
    2 garlic cloves, minced
    2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
    1 (15 ounce) can red kidney beans (with liquid)
    1 (15 ounce) can great northern beans (with liquid)
    1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
    1 (12 ounce) can v-8 vegetable juice
    1 teaspoon vinegar
    1 1/2 teaspoons salt
    1 teaspoon oregano
    1 teaspoon basil
    1/2 teaspoon pepper
    1/2 teaspoon thyme
    1/2 lb ditali pasta

Directions:

Brown beef in a large stock pot over medium heat-drain off fat.
    Add onion, carrot, celery and garlic and saute for 10 minutes.
    Add remaining ingredients, except pasta, and simmer for 1 hour.
    After 50 minutes boil pasta to al dente.
    Drain well.
    Add pasta to the large pot of soup and simmer for 10 minutes.
    (Weight Watchers Points for 1 Serving: 7).
  • GIA4FITNESS
    Options
    That looks really good! Oh man, that might be my next soup on my list!
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    i like to saute chicken with garlic, ginger, soy sauce and sesame or canola oil. I throw onion pepper and broccoli in there and whatever other veggie tickles my fancy that day. (actually is dinner tonight )
  • Brianna716
    Brianna716 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I'm not a fan of egg white/light stuff, so:
    3 or 4 oz of marinated chicken or pork
    1 cup boiled mashed red potatoes, skin on
    2 tbsp sour cream on the potatoes
    1 serving canned corn, peas or green beans

It's really filling & depending on specifics, it's between 360& 420 calories. It's also super easy to make ahead of time- very important for those of us who get home late & very hungry!
  • allinoelle007
    allinoelle007 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I just ate the most delicious and satisfying 249 calorie meal for dinner, and it got me thinking of how nice it is to find some delicious meal that is low calorie but also incredibly satisfying.

I want to hear your favorite! Tell me how you make it too, because I may want to steal it! :)

What I had was simple, but really yummy...6 fresh egg white omelet with 1/2 tsp butter in the skillet. When I flipped the omelet, I gently smooshed a wedge of light swiss laughing cow cheese on the hot egg, then I heated up 4 pieces of precooked turkey bacon. BAM! Huge omelet with bacon for 249 calories. Breakfast for dinner success! I really don't know why this made me so happy, but it really really did.

For breakfast I also made the omelet the same way, but added diced roma tomato while cooking the egg. I had it at a restaurant once and it was fabulous, but it keeps turning out a bit runny for me because of the tomato juices...still trying to perfect it. It's still yummy, but it usually turns out as scrambled eggs.

Sounds amazing! Thanks for sharing!