Need encouragement to quit drinking coffee

Options
Hello friends,

I've been wanting to stop drinking coffee for a while now, but can't seem to stay off it for longer than a few days to a week.

I made this decision because I am having trouble falling asleep, I have dark circles under my eyes, and feel lethargic and groggy in the morning from poor sleep.

Does anyone have any encouraging words for me?

I could use the extra energy in the mornings to surf better or lift weights/run at the gym :)

Thankyou,
RawFruits

Replies

• Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Are you drinking coffee at night or something? I drink coffee in the morning to get that extra energy.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Maybe try adding decaf to the mix a little at a time. 3/4 reg and 1/4 decaf to start. Then gradually increase the decaf until it's all decaf.
  • 1shauna1
    1shauna1 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    So sad...coffee is awesome! Maybe stop drinking it after, say, noon if it's affecting your sleep? I used to be that way, but I find usually now I can drink a coffee after dinner and still go to sleep fine. I have no tips for you though, as I love my morning coffee!
  • HawkeyeTy
    HawkeyeTy Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    airplane-cant-be-serious.gif.pagespeed.ce.dXZdK1-Bak.gif
  • googlebear123
    Options
    my rule. dont drink after 6pm, caffeine has an active half life of 6 hours or so, no need to give up coffee its great.
  • pineapple_jojo
    pineapple_jojo Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    It's just willpower really. I used to drink about 9 cups of jet fuel a day, now I have a couple of cups of black coffee in the morning and then switch to herbal tea and water after 1030 am. While I was cutting down I had caffeine until 1230 and then decaf just to fool myself. Now I just find I don't really need it anymore. Hope that helps a bit!
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    why? its good for u
    so is whiskey
  • salladeve
    salladeve Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    I was having problems at night also and I just make sure I don't have any after 3pm or so. I can NOT give up my coffee. But if you really want to do this I would do as the other poster said and start mixing reg coffee with decaf and slowing increasing it until you are all decaf.