Anyone had success with Shakeology?

Options
I know it's supposed to be amazing and all that but I just wanted real stories to see if it has truly helped anyone and if it's worth the money? Thanks!

Replies

• leesey1
    leesey1 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    go to Youtube and watch RealTruthHurts videos, she seems to be very honest about her experience.
  • markmowry
    markmowry Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Nope, but that's because I've neither heard of nor tried it.
  • reneeot
    reneeot Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    YUP!! Look at my diary, everyday I drink Shakeology!!! For me I'm finding it difficult to reach my calorie quota, because I do not have the appetite I use to have. I was eating too liitle so I joined mfp to track my eating to make sure I was eating enough food.

Before if anyone told me to eat only 1200, 1300, 1400 calories I would have said waaaaaay too little food. But now it seems alot!!!! I have lots of snacks to meet my quota.

I LOVE IT!!! And it tastes very good even with just water. I usually use 2 oz of almond milk and the rest water, it makes it creamier tasting. I haven't tried the green.

:-)
  • Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options
    Honestly I think had they reduced the sugar levels in the stuff it would taste a lot better. I bought a bag of the greenberry, used it for one month and noticed the following:

1. I was hungry about one hour after drinking it - I mixed the stuff with (unsweetened) almond milk, eggbeaters (liquid), ice, and a spoonful of coconut milk. Those mixed with your standard protein powder can keep me satisfied for at least 3 hours.
    2. It had a funky aftertaste
    3. It was entirely too sweet.
    4. TMI, probably, but it gave me horrible gas.

One benefit - if I had it in the afternoon, it kept my energy levels up similar to a cup of coffee. So that's good, but I can get the same effect from a cup of tea, coffee, or an Emergen-C pack mixed in water and all of those options are much, much cheaper.

I made a cup of it for my fiance to try and he about gagged and spit it out. And he's a big fan of sweets. So... I dunno, I guess I'm not real positive about the stuff.

Beachbody, IMO, is best for their workouts. The Shakeology craze reeks entirely too much of being an unsubstantiated snake oil scam.

I'm obviously NOT a Beachbody coach, but I am a fan of their workouts.
  • jlizgar
    jlizgar Posts: 104
    Options
    Ive never tried it and probably never will as it is entirely too expensive, so are all the workout DVD products, I would LOVE to do P90X but I cant buy it at full retail, its just too much so im keeping my eye on ebay and craigslist to try and find it for cheaper.
  • reneeot
    Options
    Ive never tried it and probably never will as it is entirely too expensive, r.

I hear you!!! I thought so too!!! But the way I feel about food now is so incredible. I started it to jumpstart my weight loss but the "side effects"I got out of it surpassed my wildest dreams. A small appetite and nil cravings.

I cut my monthly cost for my website business in half. Got rid of 6 giga whatevers for my internet to 1.5 and I downgraded my netflix. So I could fit shakeology into my budget. That came to half of what I needed. (although I had family in town for 3 weeks and we did eat out more than usual) I no longer eat out so much because I just don't crave to eat anywhere so that took care of the rest of the money I needed!!

View my diary. I literally eat alot of snacks just to meet my calorie quota. I barely eat 300 calories a meal. I can be around tons of food and not even desire to have a bite. I went to eat at olive garden, me and my sister split a meal. I ate a 1/4 of a meal. And ate the next 1/4 the next day.

For me it is worth every penny I can squeeze out of my budget!!!! If I never lost a lb. It is worth the feeling of not having food control my eating habits. I found out there is difference between liking a certain food and craving. Everybody says to me "so you don't eat chocolate anymore." And I say," yes, I eat chocolate I like it mucho mucho." But I can literally eat 1 or 2 nibbles of it and be completely satisfied. And not want to eat the entire bar/cake/bowl/box or whatever.

I LOVE MY SHAKEOLOGY!!! They give A money back guarantee, so if you don't get any results in 30 DAYS. Get your money back!!! IT's a win win situation. But for me it changed my life and I cannot thank the person who introduced it to me enough!! I LOVE HIM TOO!!

Don't get me started about my shakeology!!!!:love:
  • reneeot
    Options

1. I was hungry about one hour after drinking it - I mixed the stuff with (unsweetened) almond milk, eggbeaters (liquid), ice, and a spoonful of coconut milk. Those mixed with your standard protein powder can keep me satisfied for at least 3 hours.

for me the shake and a boiled egg does the trick!!

As for the sweetness, I have chocolate and the first time I drank it took me an hour to get it down. Too sweet but not nasty tasting. I cut the portion to 3/4 scoop and I use 1-2 oz oz of milk w/ 7 oz of water. Like chocolate milk to me!! I don't taste an aftertaste with the chocolate. And I am a big "I refuse to drink/eat anything with a nasty after taste" person. I told my coach, if it tastes nasty I refuse to drinki it!!!!

The Gylcemic index is 24!! Not bad!
  • MrsSeaShell
    Options
    First, I would not listen a thing the "beachbody" coaches say, they are just like Avon reps, if they get you to buy they get a cut.
    second, you can get slim fast powder for cheaper, it's got a few more sugars, but doesnt have such a nasty after taste
    third, atkins shakes suck too, they taste like chalk
  • toberlili
    Options
    First, I would not listen a thing the "beachbody" coaches say, they are just like Avon reps, if they get you to buy they get a cut.
    second, you can get slim fast powder for cheaper, it's got a few more sugars, but doesnt have such a nasty after taste

well there are alot of coaches, and i dont know of one coach that doesnt drink it, because it taste good, slim fast has fake crud in it, and atkins doesnt do much better, and i have tried them all, and i was hungry after slimfast, so stating your opinion that you dislike shakeology is fine, but do me a favor and dont directly insult me, im on here for and to give support just like everybody else. i dont push anything on anyone, if they ask i tell them the truth, to me, greenberry taste like crap, and im honest about that, but im not attacking you!!!
  • MrsSeaShell
    Options

well there are alot of coaches, and i dont know of one coach that doesnt drink it, because it taste good, slim fast has fake crud in it, and atkins doesnt do much better, and i have tried them all, and i was hungry after slimfast, so stating your opinion that you dislike shakeology is fine, but do me a favor and dont directly insult me, im on here for and to give support just like everybody else. i dont push anything on anyone, if they ask i tell them the truth, to me, greenberry taste like crap, and im honest about that, but im not attacking you!!!

really? i was attcking you personally, that's a huge assumption, I don't only dislike shakeology, i dislike the mlm pyramid scheme that makes all the "coaches" so pushy for you to buy products, and i also dislike beachbody in general because they sign you up for vitamins you dont order and if you dont believe me go to http://beachbody.pissedconsumer.com/ shows how great the company is! and I have seen only a handful of honest coaches(and even fewer with proper credentials) trying to help anyone, but if you think im attacking you personally, that just means your guilty of something, so you can just step off that high horse right there

EDIT::::::; i just took a look at you forum post, seems you do market yourself on mfp, and you came up with a faux challenge to sell product, WTG, hope it worked for you
  • toberlili
    Options

really? i was attcking you personally, that's a huge assumption, I don't only dislike shakeology, i dislike the mlm pyramid scheme that makes all the "coaches" so pushy for you to buy products, and i also dislike beachbody in general because they sign you up for vitamins you dont order and if you dont believe me go to http://beachbody.pissedconsumer.com/ shows how great the company is! and I have seen only a handful of honest coaches(and even fewer with proper credentials) trying to help anyone, but if you think im attacking you personally, that just means your guilty of something, so you can just step off that high horse right there

EDIT::::::; i just took a look at you forum post, seems you do market yourself on mfp, and you came up with a faux challenge to sell product, WTG, hope it worked for you

funny thing is that most of the people in that challenge are already taking shakeology, im not guilty of a damn thing, i just dont like people like you that talk crap about everybody that you know nothing about. you directly said "beachbody coaches", i am one of them, therefore, you were talking smack about me when you dont KNOW ME. i dont make money off of beachbody, but of course, i guess you feel you know my finances as well, right? did you know that i set up fundraisers for non profits? in case you dont know what that means, i make no money off that! of course, your fricken amazing because you knew that too right? so why dont you talk crap about the people that YOU have personally dealt with and not me!!!!!!! as far as the challenge that i am doing, there are other challenges that we have in place that dont involve beachbody at all, but once again, you who knows everything must have known that too. so take your frustrations on what ever is bothering you, on the people or things directly involved and keep your nasty negativity to yourself, as you are the first person i have come across on this site that is like that!!!

p.s. you come across like you are a angry stalker, take a deep breathe and relax!
  • determined99
    Options
    im not sure what this Shakeology is. Is it like a slim fast drink? i wonder if its available here in the Arabian gulf where i live. Would i get it in a health store? is it a good option for my last 10 pounds?

So many questions :happy:
  • Mike
    Mike Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Just a reminder Beachbody coaches - promoting your own site or offering discounts would be considered an ad, and ads are not allowed on the forums. As you can imagine, we have a lot of beachbody coaches on the site who would also like to promote their products to our members, so to prevent the forums from becoming flooded with ads, we do not allow ads on the forums.

You're free to talk about Beachbody products, both pros and cons, but please make sure to do so in a way where you are not trying to financially benefit, i.e. by promoting your own site, offering discounts through your links, "message me if you have questions", etc.

Thanks for your cooperation. Hope you're all enjoying the site.