I just ate 8 hostess powdered dounuts :(

Options
Ive been having trouble getting back on my diet. i took the holidays off and i cant get back to my diet im just craving sweets and i think i made my stomach grow again! How can i get back on my diet again and get back on track of losing weight?!

Replies

• KimberlyinMN
    KimberlyinMN Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Just do it. Log those 8 donuts and get back on the horse NOW. (Don't excuse the rest of the day as a "free for all" with food.)
  • astartig
    astartig Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    go low carb (bad cravings for carbs for a day or two but then no cravings) or get apples and carrots and grapes and that sort of thing and eat them when you crave a sweet.

at the end of the day it's got to be your own will though. you have to look at those donuts and think, are they really worth it? get a bag of potatoes that weighs about five pounds and think about it yah know? that's 5 pounds... that's what it looks like.
  • uconnwinsnc
    uconnwinsnc Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Log the donuts, don't do it anymore. That is all you can do. You need to hold yourself accountable for what you put in your mouth.
  • mvajt
    mvajt Posts: 13
    Options
    thanks! ill try it out! i really like that potato idea too!
  • journey_man
    journey_man Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    So that's about 500 cal. Hardly the end of the world.
  • Jonesingmucho
    Jonesingmucho Posts: 4,902 Member
    Options
    I just tell myself that someone licked them to get the powdered sugar to stick. I can't EVEN look at them after that. LOL :) Mind tricks my young padawan! Follow the way of the Jedi...
  • HoneyIShrunktheMom
    Options
    Just do it. Log those 8 donuts and get back on the horse NOW. (Don't excuse the rest of the day as a "free for all" with food.)
    That's great advice!
    Also, sit down right now and make a list of what you're going to eat for the rest of the day/night.
    Then make a list of what you're going to have tomorrow. Include breakfast, lunch, dinner and 2 snacks. Once you've done this, commit to yourself to stick to that plan. You can do it!
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options

^This. Log it and move on. One bad day will not ruin you. It's when you give up that it does. It's a learning process.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants 
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    I ate a 9 oz bag of Honey Roasted Cashews today. Yes I know I went over because of it but I am not going to beat myself up. Just log it and move on.
  • jos05
    jos05 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Just cut back somewhere else; it's not the end of the world... besides no one is perfect every single day!! It will be ok...back on track!! :smile: Just lost the donuts and move on!
  • clye_
    clye_ Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    By experience, just moderate. It's not bad to have a donut here and there.. the key word being 'a'. If you like it, take a couple bites, then move on. After all, we're not usually hungry when we choose to eat sweet, attractive foods. We like it for the taste. You've tasted it and it was delicious! Time to fill up on some real food! :)
  • chasetwins
    chasetwins Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    ohhh powdered donuts are NOT allowed in my house. There are very few things that I can not control myself with and those are one of them!! I agree with the others..log it and move on but do not use it as an excuse.
    Sweet teeth can sometimes be solved by drinking flavored coffee - or keep healthy sweet items on hand (fruit with cool whip, high protein low calorie snack bars, dry cereal, low calorie ice cream novelties etc)
    And do not buy those addicting things lol
  • rjmatthews
    rjmatthews Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up. I can't give up my M&M's so I log them and cut back someplace else. If all else fails, I add extra exercise so I can indulge that one 230 calorie bag. We all have our weaknesses. As long as it isn't 8 doughnuts everyday - you can have a cheat every now and then. Don't do it tomorrow. Keep going!
  • morethanthis0
    morethanthis0 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    It's ok! Last night I ate handfuls of chocolate covered peanuts. Serving size was 11 pieces for 210 calories...I knew I ate AT LEASE 5 servings. I felt horrible about it, and the good people on MFP told me to log it anyways and keep going and that's what I did. I logged it even though I didn't want to, I didn't want to see the calories from it. Equaled to over 1000 cals for some chocolate covered peanuts...but seeing that made me realize I need to keep focus on what I eat and keep focus on my goal. Today was a new day and so far so good! You can do it. Log everything you eat...the numbers will shock you back on track
  • Amadbro
    Amadbro Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    No one can MAKE YOU do the right thing. Either you want to do it or you don't. You need to practice self control. Count it as a relapse and do some soul searching. Sounds like you need to figure out for yourself if you're in it for the long haul or not.

Good luck
  • stevocb
    Options
    YOU THINK THAT'S BAD!? I just at 2200 calories at lunch!! (Jim N' Nicks BBQ- Brisket plate, with mac n cheese, collared greens, 2 cheddar biscuits and riblets as appetizers. Been crying tears of remorse all afternoon!

Solution: Eat an apple for dinner, and go crazy at the gym until I feel better.
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Been there & done that ...... I go cold turkey, no sugar (or its little buddies) for a week or so ......

Good luck to you .....
  • rabblerabble
    rabblerabble Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Can't change the past. Eat healthy the rest of the day, then tomorrow commit to going the entire day eating and exercising in a healthy manner.
  • kevinrbarger
    kevinrbarger Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    One of the reasons that we crave things like this while dieting is because we get a surge of feel good hormones while doing something "bad." It's your brain rebelling against you. It doesn't like dramatic changes and will try everything to get back to eating the status quo, because it's easier.

So the trick is to just shrug it off. Yeah, you ate 8 doughnuts. That happened. Okay, onward! Log it and continue! If you remove the guilt from the equation, you also remove the reward. Don't let it become an excuse to order a large pizza and wash it down with a 2 liter. Just continue on with your previous diet plan.

Also, to remove temptations like this in the future, succumb to them. What I mean by that is don't deny yourself your favorite foods, but instead figure out a smart way to incorporate your favorite foods into your diet plan. This will go a long way to preventing binges like this.